Excedrin Extra Strength Pain Reliever
  • It's amazing to me that such an inexpensive, over the counter medication can pack such a powerful punch to my excruciating migraine headaches

• by mom1

Thank goodness for Excedrin Extra Strength Pain Reliever. I am a migraine headache sufferer, and for years, nothing relieved the pain. I was rather skeptical of the prescription medications that were available because of potential side effects. I do know that all medications have side effects, but I figured since Excedrin was over the counter, the adverse reactions might be milder.

When a migraine headache strikes, it’s all I can do to even look at the light. The nausea, pain and light sensitivity is unbearable. Okay, here’s where the Excedrin comes in. Soon after I take the recommended dosage which is 2 tablets, the pain

starts to subside. No mind you, the pain really doesn’t completely go away, but it really takes the edge off, so that I don’t feel like I’m going to have a stroke because of the intense pain.

The ingredients in Excedrin and Excedrin are acetaminophen, which is the generic form of Tylenol, aspirin and caffeine. I did an experiment on my own one day when I had a headache. Instead of taking the Excedrin, I took Tylenol and aspirin at the same dosage that was in the Excedrin. I then drank a cup of strong black coffee to see if I could duplicate the ...

• result of pain relief from the Excedrin. This did not relieve my migraine at all. For some reason, even though I took the same medication that was in the Excedrin, it didn’t work. Maybe there’s some inactive ingredient in the Excedrin that adds to the efficacy of pain relief.

One thing that happens to me every time I take my Excedrin, is that I get jittery and my heart races somewhat. My hands get alittle sweaty too. This is from the caffeine content. Although, again I don’t usually feel that way even when I drink lots of coffee. Maybe the Excedrin with all

it’s caffeine in it metabolizes faster than 2 cups of coffee sipped over a period of time. Anyway, it does tend to make me a bit nervous and keeps me awake, but I would rather have that than to suffer from the pain and misery of a migraine headache.

Excedrin Extra Strength, has for sure improved my quality of life when I have a migraine headache. I am virtually incapacitated when they strike, but now after the Excedrin kicks in, I can go about my day. It’s amazing to me that such an inexpensive, over the counter medication can pack such a powerful punch to my excruciating migraine headaches.

Excedrin Extra Strength Pain Reliever

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 261008795101131/k2311a0810/8.10.09