My Bloody Valentine (2009)  » Movies  »
1.5

• by Steve

I got around to finally watching the remake of the 1981 movie “My Bloody Valentine. ” I normally like slasher flicks and, because of the nature of the movie, give them a little more in terms of consideration when it comes to the plot.

But, this movie wasn’t very good.

You have a mining town terrorized by the same person

who slaughtered people 10 years before without explanation.

Or, do you.

The movie is pretty quick to give us alternatives about who the killer really is, including the guy who has been gone for 10 years and returns to town just as the killing starts.

The one thing that amazed me is how, even though the movie takes place ...

• 10 years later, none of the main characters have aged.

The one guy is now the sheriff but he looks like he just graduated high school; not a married father of one.

The thing that really got me is nobody ever explained why that miner even went beserk and started killing people.

Obviously, he was a normal member of

society prior to that.

I could explain killing the other miners in an effort to save yourself when the mine collapsed.

And, I could see seeking revenge on the kid who caused the collapse.

But, what was with killing everyone in the hospital and then cutting out their hearts?

Dumb movie and not really worth watching unless you are looking just for the blood and gore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 111008794891131/k2311a0810/8.10.09