Kenwood’s KRC-256 In-Dash Cassette Receiver  » Electronics  »
  • I would like to tell you about my experience with Kenwood's KRC-256 In-Dash Cassette Receiver
  • The thing I like best about it is its simplicity
  • I feel that keeping the radio simple to operate is very convenient for me and also safer
  • The only disadvantage I find in this great quick-save system is that I am limited to saving a maximum of only six stations
  • I believe Kenwood's KRC-256 is a great product for every person who wants to hear radio and listen to cassettes while driving

• by cool

I would like to tell you about my experience with Kenwood’s KRC-256 In-Dash Cassette Receiver. We have it installed in the car and I have been using it for several years now. It works very well and I am quite pleased with it!

KRC-256 is a great radio receiver and cassette player. The thing I like best about it is its simplicity. It is very easy to use. The user interface is basic with all the familiar radio buttons: turn radio on/off, AM/FM, higher/lower volume, auto-scan for a radio station and so on.

I like the fact that things are simple, because it makes it easier for me to use. I usually hear the radio while driving. I need to concentrate on my driving and always leave my eyes on the

road. I feel that keeping the radio simple to operate is very convenient for me and also safer!

I work as a software engineer outside of town and travel to work almost every day. I like to hear the news, radio programs and music while driving. Although part of the way is a highway, where I travel around 120 kilometers per hour, I still can hear the radio clearly. So, I must say that the radio reception and voice quality are very good!

Another great feature that I like is the ability to auto-scan radio frequencies until I reach a radio station. I find it very useful especially when I am in an area with low reception, or when I am tired of hearing the same old radio programs and try ...

• to find a new station to listen to.

Once I find a new radio station, I can simply press on any of the six radio station buttons to “bookmark” that station. Next time, I simply press that button, and immediately reach that station. I think this is really cool and useful!

The only disadvantage I find in this great quick-save system is that I am limited to saving a maximum of only six stations. This is the number of radio buttons available in KRC-256’s panel. Unfortunately, I can’t figure out a way how to save more radio stations, without overwriting old ones.

I think this is a pity, because many people might be interested in hearing more than just six stations. I would be happy if there was such a possibility! I

myself find it a little annoying that I must choose which stations I prefer to save, because of this limitation.

KRC-256’s cassette player is very good too. It has regular cassette players’ buttons, like: fast forward, rewind, adjact etc. I like the fact that I can simply enter a cassette into it and it will automatically start playing it. I think it is nice that I don’t need to explicitly choose the “Tape” menu option to start playing.

Of course, if I am not interested in playing the cassette right now, I can always choose “Radio” or turn it off completely. I believe Kenwood’s KRC-256 is a great product for every person who wants to hear radio and listen to cassettes while driving. I will rate it 9 out of a possible 10.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 16908794430831/k2311a089/8.9.09