Smoke Canapes recipe
2.5
  • They also have flavoured one - kaya and garlic butter - and they both taste great, even though I personally prefer garlic butter

• by shinl

I was thinking of food I can serve as appetizer or my cousin’s birthday party, and my friend recommended me this recipe for smoky canapes which serves 20 people.

What you need are:

8 ounces of reduced-fat cream cheese (soften them first) 4 ounces of crumbled blu cheese 1 tablespoon of Worcestershire sauce 1 teaspoon of dried dill weed 2 1/2 cups of chopped California raisins 1/2 cup of chopped green olives 1 baguette that

is cut into 40 thin rounds Olive oil 4 ounces of thinkly sliced smoked salmon 1 thinly sliced green onion

If you don’t know how to make a baguette (like me!), I suggest you to get one from Delifrance. They sell wonderful baguettes. They also have flavoured one - kaya and garlic butter - and they both taste great, even though I personally prefer garlic butter.

Anyway, back to the recipe.

First, comebine cream cheese, blue cheese ...

• and Worcestershire sauce. Dill them in a medium bowl. Then, stir in raisins and olives and mix well.

For a meld flavour, store the mixture about in refrigerator overnight and then let them stand at room temperature for approximately half an hour before you do anything else.

Now, preheat the broiler and place the oven rack close to broiler.

Then, brush both sides of the bread rounds with olive oil. Olive oil is a healthy option,

but I had used the garlic butter flavoured baguette from Delifrance, so I didn’t brush any olive oil on it, despite knowing the nutrition value. Anyway, next arrange the bread rounds on baking sheet and broil them until they turn lightly brown - this is will usually take five minutes.

Cool the bread rounds and then spread 1 tablespoon of the mixture on them. Arrange a thin slice of salmon on each bread round and garnish with green onion.

Now it’s ready to serve!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49908793600731/k2311a089/8.9.09