California Raisin Nice recipe  » Recipes  »
  • I used the normal brown rice, which had to be soaked overnight so that it would taste nice

• by shinl

Lately I am rather fond of European dishes, even though I am an Asian. I had been having spaghetti for breakfast lately and I want to try more European dishes. I then found this recipe for California Raisin Rice. It is really nice!

To serve a family of 8, these are the ingredients I needed:

2 tablespoon of light olive oil 1 small chopped onion 4 chopped staks celery 3 3/4 cups of water (this

has to be separated) 1 cup of California Raisins 2 cups of instant whole grain brown rice 1/2 teaspoon of seasoned salt 1 teaspoon of light olive oil 1/2 cup of toasted slivered almonds

As for me, I didn’t use the instant brown rice. I used the normal brown rice, which had to be soaked overnight so that it would taste nice.

First, heat 2 tablespoon of olive oil in saute pan. Then saute ...

• onion and celery together for three minutes or until the onion is translucent. The celery should still be more or less crunchy. Now set them aside.

Next, microwave 2 cups of water on high for two minutes. Add the raisins and let it stand for three to five minutes to plump. Drain the raisins and set aside.

In another saucepan, heat the remaning 1 3/4 cups of water until boiled. At this stage, I

add in pandan leaves to make it more aromatic. This is of course optional - it is just my own preference. Stir in the rice and keep boiling. Cover it for five minutes to boil.

Now remove the rice from the heat. Stir in the raisins. Once again cover it and let it stand for five minutes.

Now you can add in the onion-celery and season it with the salt and olive oil. Sprinkly the almonds and the dish is ready to serve!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 49908793590731/k2311a089/8.9.09