Tarte Natural Beauty Cheek Stain  » Cosmetics  »
  • I found a new product at Sephora today that I love already
  • I am a powder person for sure, and I have very little experience using any other type of makeup

• by Jessie Bahrey

I found a new product at Sephora today that I love already. I was looking for a summer time blush that would be more natural looking when I didn’t wear face makeup or bronzer, and also something that would stay on in the heat. I am a powder person for sure, and I have very little experience using any other type of makeup. I told the salesgirl what I was looking for, and she showed me something in the Tarte Cosmetics line called Natural Beauty Cheek Stain. I had never heard of this cosmetics line before, but I am already a fan.

The first unique feature of this product is that

it is a stick, and it looks like a thick, round deodorant stick, not what I expected in a cheek colour. The second feature is that this line of makeup is all-natural, and all the ingredients are extracted from minerals and fruit. Some of these products are acai, goji berry, pomegranate and Vitamin C. The salesgirl said that it would take a bit of practice to apply this stick and blend it but that it was very natural, and then she picked a shade she thought would be good on my skin, called Tickled. I paid the $30, and left the store.

As soon as I got home, I gave it ...

• a try. The salesgirl had said I could use in on bare skin, over foundation and powder, or even under powder, but in the heat, I was not wearing anything on my face. I took the stick out, and applied it in a circular motion, then used my fingers to blend. While it felt a bit sticky going on, it blended very well, and gave me a natural looking, even sheer colour, which was really more like a dewy or moist tint, almost as if I had a bit of perspiration on my face. It looked nice. I was worried that it would look harsh because of the stick formula,
        but it didn’t. I had been worried that the product looked very dark in the container, but it goes on much lighter. But only use a small amount at first, and apply more if needed. While it is natural looking on, a little goes a long way. It lasted all day so far, and I would likely use it with a light dusting of powder over it in the winter, and my skin is lighter. But now, with a tan, it looks like natural, as if I have been outside exercising. Tarte Natural Beauty Cheek Stain is a great discovery, and I will be trying more of this product line in the future.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31908793530731/k2311a089/8.9.09