New Moon by Stepenie Meyer  » Books  »
  • Therefore, I bought and read New Moon, the sequel to Twilight
  • The reason why I think that some may like this book and other will not is that Edward is not in it much
  • I found myself torn between the two thoughts, but, overall, I enjoyed the book

• by Blue345

Like nearly everyone else who read the book, Twilight, I hadn’t had enough of the characters. Therefore, I bought and read New Moon, the sequel to Twilight. The book has the same characters with some new ones and expansions on some old characters. Readers of this book will notice that the plot line is very different from Twilight. Some may like that and others may not.

I will explain what I mean by that…

In this book, Edward, the vampire/love hero leaves for reasons described in the book. The love heroine, Bella, is left to fend for herself against her depression from him leaving and against other evils. She becomes good friends with Jacob, a character that makes brief appearances in Twilight. His character is expanded much more fully in New Moon. Never fear ...

• if you are an Edward fan; he does return in New Moon.

The reason why I think that some may like this book and other will not is that Edward is not in it much. Bella is depressed about it, which can bring the reader down. It’s not so much a love story this time as it is an adventure story. Readers looking for the romance of the first

book will not find it so much in this one. Some readers may prefer this style, though. There are some people who likely thought Twilight had too much romance and will enjoy the adventure. I found myself torn between the two thoughts, but, overall, I enjoyed the book. I am glad I bought it; I will read it more than the one time. I would definitely recommend this book!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17908793190631/k2311a089/8.9.09