Safeway Assorted Spoons, Forks & Knives  » Housewares  »
2.0
  • I was quite impressed with its durability and ability to cut and slice various foods

• by Orrymain

Recently I tried out Safeway Assorted Spoons, Forks & Knives. To be up front about it, this wasn’t my first choice. I had ordered something else that wasn’t in stock and so ended up receiving these. According to the box packaging, these spoons, forks, and knives are deemed to be ‘heavy duty plastic flatware’ and are ’shatter resistant’.

After using

the Safeway Assorted Spoons, Forks & Knives for the last several weeks, I find that they are oddly different in strength. The only piece of this flatware that I trust to be ‘heavy duty’ is the knife. I was quite impressed with its durability and ability to cut and slice various foods. I found it to be very reliable.

In ...

• contrast, the spoon makes me very nervous. Just dipping in for a spoonful of ice cream caused the plastic to bend somewhat. I had to be very careful for fear of it breaking. In this same vein, the fork was okay, but I never have developed a trust for it. When cutting meat, I barely trust it to
        hold the meat in place while I maneuver the knife.

The package purchased as a 24-piece pack, with eight of each eatery utensil. Safeway claims these can be washed and then re-used. Frankly, I’d be very skeptical of using the spoons and knives for a second outing. I have confidence in the knives, however.

I’m just not sold on this product.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 53908792990631/k2311a089/8.9.09