Date with an Angel
1.5
  • I can remember watching this movie a couple years ago one Saturday when there was absolutely nothing interesting going on on television
  • I had seen it on the television guide and there was no summary so I didn't know what it would be about, but nevertheless, decided to try watching it mostly since it was a movie from the eighties and I thought that it might be a fantasy
  • I would not recommend this movie to anyone as I thought it was so bad it almost became physically painful to watch
  • I think that it is the epitome of a cheesy eighties movie without any charm to it

• by Redtape

I can remember watching this movie a couple years ago one Saturday when there was absolutely nothing interesting going on on television. I had seen it on the television guide and there was no summary so I didn’t know what it would be about, but nevertheless, decided to try watching it mostly since it was a movie from the eighties and I thought

that it might be a fantasy. When I watched it though I thought it was more of a joke than a good movie and not necessarily in the comedic way since there were what I thought was a lot of utterly ridiculous scenes, an even worse script, and atrocious actors who it was obvious had not a trace of talent or skill.

One such example of one of those actors was the actress who played the angel. There was absolutely no doubt that she was beautiful, and even more so that she had no acting talent. However, thinking about it now, I am beginning to wonder if the failure of the movie was mostly the director’s fault. For example, while I thought the actress portrayed the ...

• Date with an Angel
      angel more as a senseless organism rather than the intelligent beings they are normally seen as in the bible and other Christian literature, I also think that it might have been the director’s idea to make her portray them as such.

The movie was about a young man with a brain tumor who thinks his life was saved by a beautiful angel. However, the

tables soon turn after the angel’s wings are clipped by a satellite and the young man, Jim finds himself trying to save the angel.

I would not recommend this movie to anyone as I thought it was so bad it almost became physically painful to watch. I think that it is the epitome of a cheesy eighties movie without any charm to it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11908792680531/k2311a089/8.9.09