POE (Daiso Japan) clear plastic 48.5cm umbrella  » Clothes  »
  • I bought this umbrella the other day at a DAISO store
  • I think the size works well for a single person, but my friend who also bought one wishes it were a little bigger
  • This means you should avoid poking at it with anything or pulling at it, because the plastic will probably break

• by JenniferPlague

I bought this umbrella the other day at a DAISO store. I think the size works well for a single person, but my friend who also bought one wishes it were a little bigger. The handle is plastic and it feels like it’s hollow, and I think that it might easily break compared to a different kind of handle. The good thing about this is that the

umbrella is really light, and even kids can hold it.

Be careful with this! I tried to take the tag off by ripping it instead of using scissors, and the plastic broke for the snap that closes the umbrella. Now I have to hold it closed with string or a rubber band. This means you should avoid poking at it with anything or pulling at it, because the ...

• plastic will probably break. So far the boning stuff that holds the umbrella open hasn’t bent funny, though.

The plastic is really clear, and to me it feels like it’s the kind of stuff made for some plastic bags or something. I got the idea to decorate it by drawing on it with permanent marker and it looks really neat, so that could be a fun craft project.

The umbrella is too big to, say, fit in my pocket, but I attach it to my backpack strap and carry it to class that way. I think it works fine.

Overall, it’s a fun umbrella and it works, but if you want something really sturdy you should pay more money for another one (because this one only costs a dollar and fifty cents). You get what you pay for essentially.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 55708792571131/k2311a087/8.7.09