The Spirit movie
1.5
  • So I decided to pick it up on Bluray this week
  • I think the directors tried to make this into a comedy but they have failed
  • I would not recommend seeing this movie because it has no redeeming values except of the pretty visuals

• by Aleksandr

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)

I remember ive seen the commercial for “The Spirit” on television but never got to see it in the theaters. So I decided to pick it up on Bluray this week.

This movie is about the city hero Spirit who is protecting it from an evil guy called Octopus.

Octopus is trying to acquire

a vase with blood from the gods so he can become immortal.

Then a third main character Sand-Serif comes in.

Sand-Serif is after the most shiniest thing and Octopus has it, while she has the vase.

This movie was made by the creators of Sin City.

So I went it thinking I would see ...

• a masterpiece.

The movie looks absolutely beatiful, especially in high def bluray.

You can see all the textures and colors just pop out of the screen.

The plot is pretty basic, with no twists and the ending is predictable.

The dialogus is the worst part of the movie, the characters try to be funny

and try to be taken seriously and fail at both.

I think the directors tried to make this into a comedy but they have failed.

I would not recommend seeing this movie because it has no redeeming values except of the pretty visuals.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11708792281031/k2311a087/8.7.09