Geneva Watch  » Watches  »
  • I like opening a computer case and seeing half a dozen or more countries represented

• by tfedge
      After years of wearing a plastic, Timex digital watch, I recently bought myself a Geneva Watch. It is strangely comforting to go back to a traditional analog watch with hands that glow in the dark and with the date displayed at the number 3.

The case and band are both silver and gold and

it is a handsome watch.

When I first bought it for about $15 it was uncomfortably heavy on my wrist after all those years of sporting plastic, but I soon grew used to that weight and now find its weight comforting.

According to the label on the back the works are from Japan, the ...

• external case is from China and I added an American Twisto-o-flex watchband so I’m wearing a geography lesson on my wrist.

I like that.

I like opening a computer case and seeing half a dozen or more countries represented.

It feels like the world is more open than it used to be.

I was

born and grew up during the Cold War and there was always a sense that some catastrophic was just a button push away.

So far I’m very happy with my traditional analog watch.

It’s nostalgic, not retro.

Of course it’s battery operated and doesn’t need to be wound.

I wonder is I could still do that.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 64100879220531/k2311a0810/8.10.06