By The Sword (by-the-sword.com)  » Web sites  »
www.by-the-sword.com
  • If you're a fan of the Renaissance festival, I highly recommend this website

• by Nikki Hanna

I live in Michigan, and every year for two months, there is a very large Renaissance festival. This more than sparked my instrest in all things medieval, and I spent several years trying to get together a good collection of garb and medieval accessories to complete my “look” and “persona” for the time period. It’s a lot of fun and helps my husband and I forget the modern world for a time or two (but God forbid we don’t bring our cell phones with us to events!). And, since we’re always looking for new clothing or items, and because we are loyal customers to businesses that “do us right”, we knew we found a gem when we stumbled across www.by-the-sword.com . This website and the services and

items they offer are absolutely wonderful!

My first order through them went flawlessly, and I’ve ordered from them numerous times since then. Three years have gone by, and I still prefer this website, for these products, than any other website that may offer the same products, clothing or accessories. We have had a few difficulties ordering from them, however.

There was a particular garment I was interested in order. Yet again, this site had the prices that can’t be beat, and I was determined they were who my business would go to. I needed the dress by a specific date, and paid the extra bit of priority mail. When the dress didn’t arrive on time, only leaving me one more day to find a replacement garment, I ...

• immediately called the company to find out what the hold-up was. Apparently, there was some miscommunication with my order and they didn’t have the dress in the color I had requested. They immediately offered to send another dress in any other color they had available, that I might like, and refund the shipping costs. I was so pleased with their willingness to work with the customer.

Recently, I also ordered a shirt for my husband, and when it arrived (on time), one of the grommets on the shirt-front had fallen off during shipping. We called the company, spoke with their customer service staff, and they immediately sent a new shirt, without even having received the damaged one yet. Again, it was a time-sensitive matter, and we couldn’t

wait to return the shirt, have them receive it and process it, and then send a new one. They were more than willing to just send us the replacement garment on the faith that we would return the previously purchased one.

I’m one of those customers who would always prefer good customer service to excellent quality. Granted, the quality was fine, and in some cases superior to other business offering the same things, but the most important thing to me was how well the company did to make me, the customer, happy. And By The Sword, did everything in their power to keep me happy and keep me returning. And I’ll definitely be returning. If you’re a fan of the Renaissance festival, I highly recommend this website.

quick note by anonymous :

So is by the sword at legit site? because i had to avoid medievalcollectibles.com…

Marg says :

This is definitely not a scam. I made a purchase here with no issue. They also accept Paypal, while most scams don’t. Of course Paypal will refund you if you have any issues with your purchase.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 20608791780531/k2311a086/8.6.09