Pier 1 Imports  » Business  »
Gration Ave., Chesterfield MI
  • We bought a plate set, hanging lamp sets (cost at $70 per lamp), wall art, rugs, statues, candles, candle holders, wall hooks for coats and umbrellas and keys, sconces and many more items

• by Nikki Hanna

Since moving into my new condo with my husband and two children in September 2008, we’ve been slowly but surely collecting for ourselves some nice furtniture and accessories to decorate our new home. And, at last, it IS a home. After years in a mobile home, which was falling down around us, we finally have some place beautiful to call our own. As such, we wanted to look for accessories and decorations that would help accent what we already loved about our condo. We have beautiful Tuscany yellow and brick red walls, and a fresh new tan carpet, and we knew we wanted to stick with an old-world theme for our decore. What better place to find that kind of theme than at Pier 1 Imports!

The Chesterfield, MI location isn’t exactly the largest of the Pier 1 stores, but it’s

certainly chalk-full of merchandise. There isn’t an area of this store that isn’t filled with items. But, it’s not so overwhelming that it’s a kind of sensory shock to be inside the store. Quite the contrary. It’s a pleasure to simply walk around and find that you are seeing something new every single time you visit. And we visited a LOT once we made our move and needed to fill up our new home with goodies.

We bought a plate set, hanging lamp sets (cost at $70 per lamp), wall art, rugs, statues, candles, candle holders, wall hooks for coats and umbrellas and keys, sconces and many more items. And, given the amount of items we’ve purchased, we have been more than satisfied with every single purchase. Not only were the items themselves beyond reproach in both construction and style, but ...

• the associates working at this store are incredibly friendly and helpful and they remember you if you are a repeat customer. They even remembered the types of items I had previously purchased. I collect all things Asian-themed, and have several Buddha statues and art around my house. The last time I visited Pier 1 in Chesterfield, the associate smiled and said “Oh, we have new Buddha items in stock this week!” and I couldn’t have been happier with my choice of stores at which to shop.

Even though there are other stores that may carry similar items, I chose to stay with Pier 1 as my place to buy home accessories. Their prices ARE a little higher than average, but their merchandise is well worth the price, because they are typically items you wont find just anywhere, and the quality of

the items are fantastic. My wall art of seven Buddhas in a relief-style painting, only cost us $70, and it’s HUGE at 4 feet in height, and weighs 35lbs. We managed to catch it on sale from $120… so definitely keep an eye out for the sales, because that’s where you’ll really get the good deals.

And aside from the big ticket items, like furniture, lighting and rugs/wall art, they also have little things that you just wont find anywhere else, such as Buddha-shaped candle holders, filled with a wonderful musky- smelling candle, again purchased on sale for only $5 a candle.

If you’re looking to re-decorate, this is the place to be. You’ll be the envy of your family, friends and neighbors if you decorate using the goods found in Pier 1. But also, this particular location has wonderful staff to help you.

Pier 1 Imports

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41608791690531/k2311a086/8.6.09