Bandung De Kiosk Food Market
Setiabudi Street Bandung Indonesia

• by milia

This food market is a place where I always visit usually when I want to had breakfast in Bandung. It was located on 3 strategic places in Bandung; at Juanda Street above Pizza Hut Restaurant, above Setiabudi Supermarket at Setiabudi Street Bandung, and at Braga Street. Mostly I had breakfast de Kiosk Setiabudhi or Juanda Street. Its strategic location made it was easy to reach by public transportation. When I ate at de Kiosk Setiabudi, usually before or after have a meal we bought some snack also in Setiabudi Supermarket.

De Kiosk food market had a wide enough room to accommodate the many food booths inside, and also wide tables area for visitors. We do not have to be worried that we will not get tables in this restaurant, since they had many tables inside. It was always the moment I wait had breakfast at this food market, since it has a variety of delicious food. There were

many food booths in this market, most of them were famous brand of West Java special food, but there were also traditional food from other region in Indonesia. Besides Indonesian traditional food, in here we can find also Chinese food booth.

My favorite food here is “Lontong kari Kebon Karet” or Chicken Rice Curry with fried coconut from Kebon Jaret Street, the famous chicken Curry restaurant in Bandung. It has a very strong taste, with additional spicy sauce. Unlike other chicken curry, they put so many chicken slices inside, so the price for this food was so worth. I really enjoy while eating this Chicken curry, and I finished it very slowly while I usually had a chat with my family or my colleagues. Sometimes I also ate “Baso Malang” or Malang Meat Balls with hot sauce. This meat balls were Indonesian’s girls favorite food. Almost every Indonesian girl loves meat ball. Usually they mix it with ...

• noodles. The noodles can be fried, or steamed. They had also “Gado-gado”, a mix fruit salad with coconut sauce. This food is very healthy choice of food, or it was suitable for vegetarian or for people in diet program. There is also “Gudeg Jogja”, the famous jogja (Central Java) food contains the boiled egg and chicken in a sweet sauce. I usually order a fruit juice here, and they can make it only in ten minutes. The taste was very healthy, and we can order it with or without ice. I usually order avocado or strawberry juice. We can customize the ingredients of our fruit juice by requesting several kind of fruit mix in 1 glass. Even we can find those foods in its original restaurants; there was a different feeling while we ate at de Kiosk. The restaurant room was design to have open fresh air and sun light so we can enjoy eating with
        natural condition and fresh wind. We can also enjoy street view from the window, and they always had fish pond inside.

The service in this restaurant was also quite good in my opinion. Once we sit on the table, the waiter will approach us to handover the menu list. They service also quite fast. If we order a food, it will come to us around 15 minutes. After we ate, we can pay at the cashier. For foreign tourist, they can also speak English, so do not worry if you came from other country to visit this restaurant. The price of the food and beverages here are relatively quite cheap around 1 dollar, considering the quality and food taste, also the quality of service. We can pay by cash, debit or credit card, so do not worry if you do not bring enough cash. They provide also representatives clean toilets, so it was so comfort using their toilets.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 24608791450531/k2311a086/8.6.09