David’s Haircut by Ken Elkes story  » Books  »
  • But this story just leaves me with a few adjectives, amazing, imaginative, and unique

• by Ambitious

David’s Haircut is a short story by Ken Elkes. The story starts with David and his father having the conversation to go to the barbershop. It’s something that they always do together like a routine.

David loves the barbershop because it is unique, as the author says; “it’s like nowhere else he goes. ” The different scents and black and white photographs of men with different haircuts fancy him.

Mr. Samuels, the barber calls David for his turn.

He says that at his

rate he won’t need to sit at the cupboard anymore but just to the chair. David proudly says it to his father which heard what Mr.

Samuels said. His father seeing his son looking back at him from the mirror smiles back at him.

While having his haircut, David had a lot of thoughts including the picture book of bible stories his aunt gave him for Christmas. Samson had his hair cut by Delilah and David wondered if his strength will go ...

• just like Samson’s.

After his haircut, he saw his hair mixed up with the different hair at the ground. He grabs to his father’s hand on their way outside and got surprised to find that there was a lock of his hair there.

I didn’t even thought of having a trip to the barbershop having much excitement till I read this story. All the scenes were all detailed really well and it makes me feel that I am actually just near the

characters in the story, perhaps another male customer waiting for my turn on the haircut! The author’s imagination is really amazing.

I didn’t really think that a boy’s point of view regarding getting a haircut would be so broad and exciting. I can feel the warmth when I got to read this story; it’s just really amazing that I couldn’t actually think of how to properly describe it fully.

But this story just leaves me with a few adjectives, amazing, imaginative, and unique.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17608791280431/k2311a086/8.6.09