Forex Balikbayan Box service  » Business  »
2.3
www.forexworld.com
  • If you are planning to send a balikayan box to your family back home, I strongly recommend Forex Balikbayan Box service

• by patofgold23

If you are planning to send a balikayan box to your family back home, I strongly recommend Forex Balikbayan Box service. It has been in the business for so long that it had earned a very good reputation on their customers by providing fast, quality and satisfactory service.

For the benefit of those who are not familiar to the term “Balikbayan Box” (most Filipinos with relatives abroad are), it is a carton box, a big package, you can stuff with personal items, toiletries, food, toys, anything an overseas Filipino want to his loved ones in the Philippines through freight

forwarders. When I was in grade school, my mom from California sends us stuff through Forex. Through the years, a lot of freight forwarder companies started doing the same business and offered lower prices, and promised quicker deliveries, but my mom still sends us stuff through Forex.

When I went to visit my mom in CA last summer, I shopped so much for the kids and had to get all the stuff in my list coz everybody back home wants something in particular. I started to worry about how much I’m gonna pay the airlines for my excess baggage.

• So when I was ready to go home and started packing, I knew I could bring home everything, else I would have to pay a lot of money for excess. So I stuffed the rest of my things in a Forex Box. I thing I overshopped coz the box looked like it’s gonna throw up. I had to climb on it and jump on it to make everything fit on one box. I called the Forex office to have the box picked up (you can search for the nearest Forex office in your area, just type forexworld in your
        search page) and they came on time. So the box was picked up June 4th. I kept the receipt and log on the internet every weeks or so to track where my stuff are. I was thinking about getting them on the end of July. But on July 6th, my box was delivered safely, as I have packed it, in my doorstep. I live in Mindanao, Philippines but it took them that fast to get my box here, how much more if your family lives in Luzon? It’s the only Balikbayan Box delivery service I would recommend to my friends.

Lou Tan says :

We have sent balikbyan boxes to Manila and surigao before. i ships the boxes thru forex. There is no weight limit, no customs fees to pay. The box is guaranteed to arrive no later than 2 months. The last box we sent made it to Surigao in 6 weeks. the number is 503-7802565

Clowdine says :

Thanks for the informative review. I really liked how you defined the term “balikbayan box” which really made a lot of sense in the entire review. I am going to consider going to Forex in the near future.

chiqui says :

do you have an agent or office near a friuli venezia giulia,trieste italy?how to contact them?

Galega says :

There isn’t any service available for your area by Forexworld. You can check on the official webpage of them for covered area. Click on the Sender box and check all area where they have agents in the drop down menu.

Les Nesman says :

While it may work fine for most people, those wishing to send to the Southern Visayas will suffer a more lengthy delay. For example 4 packages sent staggered in October, November and December did not arrive in Leyte until February. SENT:October ARRIVED:February All arrived in February. So don’t hold your breath on speedy service. That was a little discouraging since I was going to show my wife how to use a sewing machine that I sent her. On the lighter side, all packages did arrive. But traveling by ship to Taiwan, then to Manila, then to Tacloban, then to Tabango. Long trip with plenty of delays. But in retrospect, I will continue to use them. I’ve heard worse stories about other companies.

Angel Punsalan says :

re : If you are planning to send a balikayan box to your family back home, I strongly recommend Forex Balikbayan Box service
    I ve used forex for years and used to boxes arriving 3 months and not the 2 months promised on pick-up. But when they marked no one to receive in their tracking, I questioned the validity of the statement. They don t have a working number in the Phil. except for an automated one where none of the messages left is answered. After 2 days of supposed delivery no further attempt has been made. I m still waiting for my box. Needless to say, I will not use Forex again and I advice others not to either.

Roberto Lemi says :

Planning to send Forex Balikbayan Box to Perth W.A. How much do you charge? How many days to receive?
    My location is at Cabanatuan City Nuevo Ecija . What are the things to consider
    Appreciate your kind reply soonest

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 41508790180731/k2311a085/8.5.09