The Orleans Hotel Casino
4500 West Tropicana Ave, Las Vegas, NV 89103
  • Check in was a nice experience in spite of the long queue
  • Since it was a large structure compared to other off strip hotels and somewhat complex with a French theme, I found difficulty in finding the hallway to guest rooms
  • Since I am not a frequent high roller, I was slightly disappointed to see that there was no five dollars table there
  • But the best part is that I got free rooms as comps for my play
  • I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and play at The Orleans and I recommend it for all my friends

• by uselist

When I stayed at The Orleans for the first time I didn’t know it was that near to the strip. They still call it a local’s casino but I saw a lot of tourists like me at The Orleans. This may be due to the fact that the room rates well below fifty dollars a night on that weekend. The Orleans was around four blocks away from main strip on Tropicana Avenue.

Check in was a nice experience in spite of the long queue. The receptionist asked whether I need a room facing the strip or on other side. She was very happy to answer all my questions

too.

Since it was a large structure compared to other off strip hotels and somewhat complex with a French theme, I found difficulty in finding the hallway to guest rooms. But once I reached my room I was quite happy. The room was big and spacious.

It had a sofa inside it saw that the night I could sit on it and enjoy the main strip view. Since I am not a frequent high roller, I was slightly disappointed to see that there was no five dollars table there. All the tables start with ten dollars and roulette tables were from two dollars.

The players were mostly locals ...

• who play pretty seriously. I also played the no limit hold ‘em in their poker room. The poker room was big compared to other off strip casinos and there is always good live action.

No need to mention there were all varieties of slot machines at all limits. But the best part is that I got free rooms as comps for my play. So in my experience, every player going there should take their player’s card which is useful in all Boyd Gaming casinos.

Dealers were pretty helpful and gave useful advices. Pit bosses seemed to fringy but once I came on their mailing list I use to

get good offers regularly. Waitress service was average and not a big thing to compliment.

In general this casino has good looks with the hotel built in a French theme and walls decorated with French streets. The parking space was huge and there was no hassle in parking and entering. I also liked the location of this casino.

Very near to all the action of Las Vegas yet at a calm place. The dining options were handful. I opted for French Buffet there and was very much satisfied with the taste and variety of the dishes.

I thoroughly enjoyed my stay and play at The Orleans and I recommend it for all my friends.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 48508790060731/k2311a085/8.5.09