Deftones - Saturday Night Wrist  » Music  »
  • Chino kicks butt, and I recommend Deftones for anybody who can handle their experimental and ambient style

• by LissaK

AOL Messenger (required to be logged into AIM)

It was during the summer of 2007. I walked into the library that was about 10 minutes from my uncle’s apartment.

I went to the CD section and decided to try out some music that I hadn’t really listened to before.

That’s when I saw the girl on the cover with her neck bent back, and her face turned up, her

mouth parted as if she was releasing a last lingering moment of ecstasy.

“Saturday Night Wrist” was written almost discreetly in the top right hand corner, “Deftones” was up at the top left.

I don’t know it was that day, that made me walk away with that CD in my hand, but I’ll never forget, I’m so glad that I did.

...

• This was my thorough introduction to Deftones, the band I never knew.

I remember spending late afternoons outside on the balcony listening to “Xerces”, “Cherry Waves”, “Beware” and other songs on the album.

It had such a different sound, it wasn’t something I was used to…and I liked that.

Ever since that day when I picked up that album I’ve been

delving deeper into the Deftones world leading me to discover some of the great music they’ve had in the past like “Knife Party”, “RX Queen” and “Digital Bath”, along with many others.

Chino kicks butt, and I recommend Deftones for anybody who can handle their experimental and ambient style.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 14508789590631/k2311a085/8.5.09