Singapore, Songs of the Sea  » Entertainment  »
Sentosa Island, Singapore
  • The show is a combination of live casts, animation, pyrotechnics and lasers with amazing firework displays and synchronized water and flame bursts
  • I've seen Songs of the Sea for I think 7 times already for the past 2 years (since I started working in Singapore) because everytime I have guests from my own country, I always make sure that I bring them here at Sentosa to watch the Songs of the Sea
  • I love them singing songs on different languages
  • I just wish they consider adding a song in the Filipino (Philippines) language
  • But nevertheless, watching Songs of the Sea is an experience you should not miss, especially when you visit Singapore

• by marielle

Songs of the Sea is one of the many attractions on Sentosa Island in Singapore. Shown twice nightly (740pm and 840pm), this is formerly known as the Musical Fountain, where people watch the show for free, before it was changed to Songs of the Sea, which has an entrance fee now amounting to S$10. The show is a combination of live casts, animation, pyrotechnics and lasers with amazing firework displays and synchronized water and flame bursts.

I’ve seen Songs of the Sea for I think 7 times already for the past 2 years (since I started working in Singapore) because everytime I have guests from my own country, I always make sure that I bring them here at

Sentosa to watch the Songs of the Sea. But even if I had watched the show several times already, I am still amazed everytime I watch it. It is truly worth watching, especially the pyrotechnic effects.

The show is lively with the live casts singing, shouting, dancing and jumping all over the place. They have loud and clear voices, and they all have good singing voices. I love them singing songs on different languages. I just wish they consider adding a song in the Filipino (Philippines) language. The choices of songs are also very good, all are lively, and just hearing them makes you want to join in their singing and clapping.

The animation is also great, with the sea ...

• creatures in vivid colors singing and dancing and talking. It is so entertaining to watch. The story is also good and well arranged, with the Princess (I forgot her name) sleeping for so many years because of a spell, and Lee (one of the live casts) falling in love with her and wanting to wake her up. While waking her up, Lee accidentally wake up all other sleeping sea creatures as well, each one displaying their magical powers. And this is the part were various effects are displayed - lasers and bright lights for the queen of light, fire bursts for the king of fire, and water fountain diplays for the queen of water. It is really magnificent
        and the work of a real genius.

I am sure both kids and adults will like this show. My daughter cannot take her eyes on the stage for the duration of the show, for fear that she might miss something. She really enjoyed it.

The only thing I do not like about it is that they don’t change the story and characters. I am not exactly sure how long the same show has been running, but what I am sure of is that it is still the same show I watched 2 years ago. I think they should really change the story by now.

But nevertheless, watching Songs of the Sea is an experience you should not miss, especially when you visit Singapore.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 59408789430131/k2311a084/8.4.09