Wii Sport
  • I really enjoyed running back and forth across the living room to swat wayward balls
  • I bought the wireless adapter to eliminate the cord problem but have not tried it out yet
  • Overall I thought that the graphics were good enough, they were somewhat cartoonish but didn't take away from the experience enough to be a turnoff
  • Definitely a great idea for someone who is interested in video games and wants to have more involvement than sitting and pressing buttons

• by mswelldone

Wow! After playing this game I began to worry that I would never want to get out of the house and play real sports anymore; that is, until I coined the term ‘Wii arm’ as a depiction of how sore I was. The game has five different sports to play. Bowling : I was shocked to see that even when I took a few steps back then launched forward, the game seemed to respond accordingly.

The downside for bowling was that I worried that I might be able to cheat by standing to close to the sensor. Baseball : I had to constantly remind myself that I was in the living room and not at the batting cage because I really did

break a sweat playing.

Again, the game seemed to respond quite well to the direction and timing of my swings. Golf : The on screen indicators threw me off a little bit, but I had been craving a visit to the driving range, this game held me over pretty well.

Tennis : I really enjoyed running back and forth across the living room to swat wayward balls. There were no problems switching between backhanded and open arm returns, however it did seem that the ball went the same direction at the same degree no matter how I turned my wrist and the only factor I noted as contributing to my control over the ball (in addition to the speed of my swing) was my ...

• mii”s position on the court.

The mii does run across the court to chase the ball with prompt but I did wonder if I might need to purchase the Wii Motion Plus in order to get the full effect of the game. Boxing : I had really looked forward to this game.

My disappointment came when I threw the first punch. When I jabbed with the controller in my fist, the mii threw an uppercut.

In order to jab I discovered that I had to whip my fist upward. This was a huge letdown after enjoying such realistic action in the previous games.

Again, I wonder if the Motion Plus would help with this as there was no instruction

to the effect of what I saw. Also, the cord between the wiimote and the nunchuck became bothersome during punching combos, it swung in my face, I guess it added to the idea of having to dodge hits from my opponent.

I bought the wireless adapter to eliminate the cord problem but have not tried it out yet. Overall I thought that the graphics were good enough, they were somewhat cartoonish but didn’t take away from the experience enough to be a turnoff.

Definitely a great idea for someone who is interested in video games and wants to have more involvement than sitting and pressing buttons. I also found that if I play a little before work in the morning, I have a bit more energy during the day.

Sorry, there are no related reviews at moment
    The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28408789130131/k2311a084/8.4.09