Stouffer’s Swedish Meatballs w/ Egg Noodles (frozen dinner)  » Food  »
  • I decided to try Stouffer’s version of the meal and see what it’s frozen entrée had to offer
  • What I really enjoyed was the fact that the noodles were cooked perfectly, and even had some kind of herbs sprinkled onto them
  • I love Swedish meatballs and all the side dishes that usually accompany them

• by Famous

Swedish meatballs are wonderful. I’ve made them several times and have really fallen in love with the recipe. I decided to try Stouffer’s version of the meal and see what it’s frozen entrée had to offer.

I was pleased with the flavor. But there was way too much sauce.

some kind of herbs sprinkled onto them. The meatballs themselves were quite plentiful.

In the little container, I was shocked to see that the noodles were outnumbered by the meat. This is pretty unusual where frozen meals are concerned.

But in this case, I really wished that there had been more noodles and less meat and sauce. When I looked at the back of the container, I ...

• checked out the sodium content.

There are 1250 mg of sodium in one little package! I will have to say that despite the flavor, I will never buy one of these again. I love Swedish meatballs and all the side dishes that usually accompany them.

But the sauce in this package could really have been reduced. As a result, the meal ended up being kind of sloppy, drippy,

and the noodles were saturated.

This is another reason why there should have been more noodles in the container. I would say that if your blood pressure can stand the extra sodium, then go for it.

If I had not looked on the package I never would have known how much there was. Most people don’t.

The flavor does trump the nutritional value. Eat at your own risk.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27408788961231/k2311a084/8.4.09