Stouffer’s Chicken ala King with Rice (frozen entree)  » Food  »
  • One thing that I didn’t like was the fact that the sauce was a bit runnier than I thought it would be
  • But I found that the mushroom pieces in this container weren’t as big as I expected them to be
  • Anyway, I wouldn’t recommend this entrée for people who like a little more “soul” in their food

• by Famous

I was a bit leery about trying this particular meal, as I’d never had Chicken ala King before. I’ve been told that it’s very similar to the filling that is found in chicken pot pies. But the picture on the cover of the box didn’t look anything like something that I would find in a pot pie.

The Chicken ala King in this version is served over rice.

It contains chunks of (grilled?) chicken with celery, mushrooms, peas, and peppers in some kind of creamy sauce.

For some reason I expected the sauce to have a bit of a tang to it, the way sauces do when you add a hint of cooking vermouth or wine. But this tasted a bit blander than I expected.

Since the frozen entrée has quite a bit of sodium in it,

• I didn’t salt it at all. It didn’t really need salt, however and had a decent flavor.

One thing that I didn’t like was the fact that the sauce was a bit runnier than I thought it would be. When you heat up the meal the rice sits on one side of the container, and you have to stir the sauce into the rice.

I don’t really

eat mushrooms. But I found that the mushroom pieces in this container weren’t as big as I expected them to be.

I suppose mushroom lovers will not like this too much. Anyway, I wouldn’t recommend this entrée for people who like a little more “soul” in their food.

But if you’re in a pinch and you really need something to get by until the next meal, this will do. 6

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27408788951231/k2311a084/8.4.09