President Gloria Macapal Arroyo’s 2009 State of the Nation Address  » Local news  »
  • I believe that the President has numerous accomplishments for the country
  • I do not personally agree with the statistics she declared during her speech, I think some have been bloated to make her administration look good

• by Sugar Rush

The other day everybody was glued to the tube for the most awaited State of the Nation Address (SONA) of the President of the Republic of the Philippines Gloria Macapagal Arroyo. I applaud the people responsible who drafted the speech.

The President was exemplary in her delivery that it felt like it was an impromptu speech.

I believe that the President has

numerous accomplishments for the country.

Some of it may not be to my delight but I am quite sure that there are some who are mighty pleased with her accomplishments.

Her alliances in politics are no doubt very proud of her endeavors for the past years.

I do not personally agree with the statistics she declared during her speech, I think ...

• some have been bloated to make her administration look good.

Obviously, the focus of the SONA is to highlight President Arroyo’s accomplishments.

Like so many others, I think her biting words for her critics are highly notable.

Even the choice of words seemed crafty.

Her tone appeared combative, taunting and mocking.

It is as if she has drawn in all the criticism her

way for so long and was ready to slap all her critics with her wrath.

Others speculate that she is not ready to step down from her position after her term.

Judging after her supposed last State of the Nation Address, I think I could not agree more.

I think her team is already crafting ways to allow her to stay in power.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 36408788471231/k2311a084/8.4.09