Von Maur Department Store Columbus OH  » Shopping  »
Polaris Fashion Place, Columbus,OH
  • They have been advertising an experience that was akin to old time department stores, with personalized attention and service

• by blue2726
      I finally was able to visit the newest deaprtment store in the Central Ohio area, Von Maur. They have been advertising an experience that was akin to old time department stores, with personalized attention and service.

My mother, my daughter and myself were shopping on a Sunday afternoon, primarily for school clothes for my five-year old daughter.

When we first walked in we were not

greeted or overwhelmed with “personalized service”, the store was not crowded, hectic or noisy, but instead had a relaxed, browsing atmosphere, greatly enhanced by the live piano music piped over the speakers.

We needed to find the restrooms immediately, they were easy to find without assistance, and once located we we felt this was going to be a favorite shopping destination! Their ...

• is a HUGE women’s lounge, with the nicest mother’s room and the largest restrooms I have seen in a long time.

We are talking couches (plural) marble tile, clean, pristine even.

Must see! The merchandise selection is a nice mix of well-known labels and more unique, boutique, trunk show selections.

The prices were mid-to high, just what I would expect from a

higher-end store, and the sale racks were bargains.

Dressing rooms were nicely sized, and many, almost one for each area.

We mostly shopped in children’s shoes, cosmetics and little girls clothing.

The staff was sparse , but very helpful, proactively helpful.

Not surly or dour in any way.

They also have a no-interest charge! Great experience and I plan to go back, at least to the restroom.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2490878821131/k2311a089/8.9.06