Blood Bound by Patricia Briggs  » Books  »
  • I enjoyed Blood Bound because I finally get to see the softer side of Adam, Mercy's hunky alpha werewolf boyfriend, and find out how much Stefan really cares for Mercy
  • I'm a tad disappointed in how tall they made Mercy to me and how not tall Adam is
  • I love this series because it has everything in relation to the supernatural, ghosts, werewolves, vampires, shape shifters, faes, druids, magic, etc. Literally EVERYTHING
  • I also didn't think there was that much action in this book and the crazy vampire thrown into the mix seems a little to convenient, he sort of came out of left field

• by Liberty

Blood Bound is the second book in Patricia Briggs’ Mercedes Thompson series. It’s not what I typically read but I was given the first book by a friend and got hooked on the series. The books I normally read are paranormal romance, historical and books on dreams. Briggs’ Mercy Thompson series in a general science fiction/fantasy. Blood Bound continues the story of Mercy Thompson, a VW mechanic in the Tri-cities area of Washington, and her oh so many trials and tribulations.

Blood Bound is centered more around Mercy’s relationship with her vanagon driving, looks just like the one in Scooby Doo, vampire friend Stefan. In case you don’t know this book takes

place in a world where the faes have recently come out but only a few of them have, the harmless ones, but there are so many other creatures lurking and living amongst humans that no one knows yet. In this book because of what happened to Mercy in the first the werewolves had to come out as well.

I enjoyed Blood Bound because I finally get to see the softer side of Adam, Mercy’s hunky alpha werewolf boyfriend, and find out how much Stefan really cares for Mercy. On the subject of Stefan, although his personality is not stereotypical vampire his name is a cliche. Stefan, really? I’ve lost count of how ...

• many vampires named Stefan, Stephen, or Stephan there are in books, movies and TV. I’m a tad disappointed in how tall they made Mercy to me and how not tall Adam is. Adam isn’t short but he’s roughly a little taller than the average American man, around 5′10″. Not bad but I wouldn’t have chosen that height for an alpha werewolf, of course he’s much taller and bigger in his wolf form. I will say that it’s a realistic height at least. Most fiction often make the hero ridiculous tall, as if he had pure Viking blood running through him.

The overall writing and storyline for the Mercy Thompson series is a

great, very few to no typos and it’s a great read. I love this series because it has everything in relation to the supernatural, ghosts, werewolves, vampires, shape shifters, faes, druids, magic, etc. Literally EVERYTHING. Blood Bound was a good but it moved a little too fast for my liking and not enough Adam and Mercy interactions. I also didn’t think there was that much action in this book and the crazy vampire thrown into the mix seems a little to convenient, he sort of came out of left field.

Overall, Blood Bound is a good read, at the least it’ll show you different sides of characters you thought you knew and the growing relationship between Adam and Mercy.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 17408787981031/k2311a084/8.4.09