Best Western River North Chicago Downtown Hotel  » Hotels  »
2.0
125 West Ohio Street, Chicago, IL 60610
  • I stayed at the Best Western North Chicago Downtown Hotel
  • The first thing I noticed about the hotel is that it is conveniently located in downtown Chicago
  • I would try to avoid staying at this hotel again

• by Queenbeezie

A few weeks ago I had to go to Chicago for a business trip. I stayed at the Best Western North Chicago Downtown Hotel. I enjoyed Chicago. I thought it was a beautiful city.

The first thing I noticed about the hotel is that it is conveniently located in downtown Chicago. I guess you should assume that from the name of the hotel. The parking spaces were really tight.

I didn’t complain since parking is

free. I just worry about my car doors getting dented. The lady at the front desk was very friendly.

She really made me feel welcomed. She told me if I needed anything to call the front desk at anytime of the day. As I was walking through the hallway I noticed it was pretty warm.

I asked an employee about this and he told me that there is no air conditioning in the halls or elevators.

• I didn’t care for that at all. I had trouble sleeping while at the hotel because the beds were so hard.

I probably would have been better off just sleeping on the floor!

The air conditioner seemed to be really loud as well. I was half asleep for my business meeting due to lack of sleep! While getting dressed I dropped my earring and had to look under the bed to get it. I saw something

that looked like a toenail.

This really grossed me out. I said something to housekeeping. She apologized and vacuumed the floor for me.

She was very nice and apologetic. There was no free breakfast at the hotel. I had to walk across the street to McDonald’s.

My feelings were mixed at this hotel. I would try to avoid staying at this hotel again. The hotel itself was horrible.

The customer service was excellent though.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 2308787630431/k2311a083/8.3.09