Moleskine Large Sketch Notebook (5.25 x 8.25)  » Other  »
  • I'm currently finishing my first moleskine sketchbook, and I have to say that this has the best brand of paper out there for me
  • The sketchbook comes with a small brochure of the company's other products and history, which I thought was a nice touch
  • I wouldn't recommend any hardcore oil painting masterpieces or anything, but the paper handles water based materials quite well
  • I've been able to make a more interesting sketchbook now that I can combine more materials in one book

• by Jade

This is my favorite brand of sketchbook out there.

I’m currently finishing my first moleskine sketchbook, and I have to say that this has the best brand of paper out there for me.

Look: The cover consists of a hard cardboard stock that keeps rather destructive keeps such as myself from ripping the outside. The

paper is of card-stock. The sketchbook comes with a small brochure of the company’s other products and history, which I thought was a nice touch. In the back cover is a memo envelope pocket to keep small sheets of paper.

Paper: Admittedly, the card stock doesn’t accept graphite pencils all that well, as some ...

• of my drawings have either smeared, or the intensity of the drawings are kind of muted after a while.

Otherwise, the paper does very well with acrylics and gouache, and there’s little need to prime the paper. I wouldn’t recommend any hardcore oil painting masterpieces or anything, but the paper handles water based materials

quite well. Pen and ink works fine too.

Value: 100 pages for 15 dollars? I say go for it. I’ve been able to make a more interesting sketchbook now that I can combine more materials in one book. I plan on trying the japanese notebook and the watercolor book as well. I’m a happy customer.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 12308787410531/k2311a083/8.3.09