Movie Idiocracy  » Movies  »
  • Basically, you have a completely average guy and a prostitute who is being disposed of to avoid a scandal taking part in an army experiment that is supposed to freeze them for one year
  • I think the fact it was funny is what really won me over in the end
  • If you haven’t seen this movie, I would recommend taking the time to watch it

• by Steve

One other movie I ended up watching on TV this past weekend was a movie called Idiocracy. At first, I wasn’t sure what to expect.

It’s from the same people who brought us Beavis and Butthead and, while I did watch the show when I was younger, I wasn’t exactly a die-hard fan either.

However, the

movie turned out to be pretty good.

Basically, you have a completely average guy and a prostitute who is being disposed of to avoid a scandal taking part in an army experiment that is supposed to freeze them for one year.

However, they end up being frozen for 500 years and, because of a system of ...

• natural selection that favors the unintelligent because they breed faster, they are in a world full of stupid people.

I loved the concept of the movie because it really does make some sense when you think about it.

But, I will say the movie had a few holes in the plot too.

I mean, this is

a planet of people who don’t know you’re supposed to put water on crops but they have a sophisticated UPC reading system that makes it impossible for a fugitive to escape? I think the fact it was funny is what really won me over in the end.

If you haven’t seen this movie, I would recommend taking the time to watch it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11308787040431/k2311a083/8.3.09