NYX Eyeshadow Trio in Tropical/Yellow/Lime Green
2.5
  • Unfortunately, after all the good things I heard about NYX products, I was pretty disappointed with this trio
  • The third color is the most pigmented, but unfortunately, it's also the color I like least
  • I think Tropical and Yellow both looks really powdery
  • The pigmentation is just really poor in my opinion
  • I wouldn't recommend this eyeshadow trio, and I will not be repurchasing

• by Kelairyy

This was the first NYX product that I ever bought. Before an Ulta store was built near where I live, I didn’t know any place that sold NYX, and I didn’t want to order online. I saw this trio at Kroger and decided to get it even though the colors were kind of bold for me. Unfortunately, after all the good things I heard about NYX products, I was pretty disappointed with this trio.

The colors are really not too pigmented. The color on my left, Tropical, is my favorite because it is a really pretty reddish pink color. However, when I swatch it, it looks a lot lighter than what it does in the container, light an orangey pink color. The second color is a yellow, and

it looks really pretty in the container as well. However, when I swatch this on my hand, it hardly looks yellow. It actually looks almost cream or a really powdery white. The third color is the most pigmented, but unfortunately, it’s also the color I like least. You see, green eyeshadow looks horrible on me, and I mean horrible. However, the color Lime Green actually is the most pigmented. It is a really gorgeous light green color, but it just doesn’t look good on me, sadly. I think Tropical and Yellow both looks really powdery. That is one of the reasons why the color Yellow didn’t really look too yellow. It was simply too powdery looking. That is a big turnoff to me because powdery eyeshadow is ...

• so annoying, and it looks really bad on my lid. I tried doing a pink look with Tropical, but I could hardly see it on my lids. I was really disappointed with these eyeshadows because I heard the NYX eyeshadows were really pigmented.

What I DO like about this trio is that the eyeshadows are really soft. It is really easy to apply this because it just glides really smoothly onto my lids. Also, it is really easy to blend with other shadows. I usually just use these colors as an eyeliner instead, because as shadows, they aren’t very good. The pigmentation is just really poor in my opinion. Luckily, the price wasn’t too bad so I didn’t waste too much money on this. I think it

was around five to six dollars for the trio. I also really like that this trio has a mirror. Very convenient.

Overall, I didn’t really enjoy the colors. They looked really bright and colorful in the trio, but when I used them on my lid, they weren’t very pigmented, especially the reddish pink color and the yellow shadow. I couldn’t really tell too well that I was even wearing eyeshadow; that was a MAJOR disappointed, sadly. The cost was fairly cheap, so I guess if you don’t care about pigmentation, you could give it a try. I think the quality, besides the pigmentation, was decent because the eyeshadow was really soft and easy to apply and easy to blend. I wouldn’t recommend this eyeshadow trio, and I will not be repurchasing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31308786800431/k2311a083/8.3.09