EA Games’ Sims 3 for the PC
  • I suggest waiting until modders tweak the game

• by Jade

Hi all, back again. I’m reviewing the Sims 3.

This is going to be rather short, since I couldn’t get into the game at all.

Now don’t get me wrong, I’m not a newcomer to the Sims, and I still play Sims 2 to this day.

Graphics: The Sims 3 has opted for a more realistic approach than the Sims 2. The game feels a lot “darker” and cleaner. The Create-a-Sim mode is terribly bland and lacks

tons of customizations. There is no “normal”-looking hair; and it appears that the presets featured don’t happen to look so hot on the actual sim.

EA plans to release downloadable content for money via the Sims Exchange, but spending money for something EA used to give for free is a big ripoff. The characters’ faces seem a lot more “doughy,” and the facial expressions lack the spark that the much more surreal Sims 2.The graphics ...

• are nothing bad though, the new presentation has to grow on you.

Gameplay: I think this is what falters the most. It feels as if EA hasn’t worked out all the kinks, and released an unfinished game. One new introduction is nice: The Personality Trait system. Sims can be slobs, extremely clumsy, forgetful, romantic etc. It’s a cute new idea, but I don’t find myself endeared enough to play the game because of it.

Gameplay is now

continuous, and the loading times is mercifully short. Sims can run around town without the god awful loading times that plagued the Sims 2.

Overall Impression: I do believe that I need more time to try and enjoy Sims 3, but I don’t have the money to keep buying expansion packs. I suggest waiting until modders tweak the game. EA expects at least 50 dollars from the buyer to do the same thing with less quality.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 28208786470531/k2311a082/8.2.09