Revlon Colorstay 12 Hour Eyeshadow in Sterling Rose  » Cosmetics  »
2.0
  • I believe the cost is around eight dollars, pretty expensive for a drugstore product in my opinion, but I decided to get it because I was in need of some colors for smoky eyes, and Sterling Rose had both a gray and a black
  • However, I was really disappointed with this eyeshadow
  • Personally, I don't like this quad at all
  • It definitely can't compare to my MAC eyeshadows, so basically, you get the quality that you pay for
  • I wouldn't recommend them to anyone, and I am not going to be repurchasing

• by Kelairyy

Sterling Rose is a quad of four very different colored eyeshadows. The first one is a brown, the second eyeshadow is a pink, the third one is a silvery gray, and the last one is a black. I believe the cost is around eight dollars, pretty expensive for a drugstore product in my opinion, but I decided to get it because I was in need of some colors for smoky eyes, and Sterling Rose had both a gray and a black. However, I was really disappointed with this eyeshadow.

Personally, I don’t like this quad at all. The colors really weren’t that pigmented. It definitely can’t compare to my MAC eyeshadows, so basically, you get the quality that you pay for. The first color clearly looked like a brown in the container, but on my eyes,

it looks like a cream/tan color. The pink was very light, and I couldn’t really tell what the color was on my lids. This didn’t even really look like a pink; it looked more like a cream/powdery white color on my lids. I thought the silver color wasn’t too bad, but that’s the only color I really liked in the quad. It was decently pigmented, but not the best I’ve ever seen. I had high hopes for the black color, but it didn’t come off very pigmented. It was more like a dark gray than a true black. Overall, I didn’t like the pigmentation at all. The eyeshadows even looked a bit powdery in my opinion, something that I despise in an eyeshadow. Also, I don’t think they lasted 12 hours like it claims which ...

• is irritating because I hate it when companies make false claims. I was really disappointed in the Revlon Colorstay eyeshadow quad, and I won’t be buying any of these again. Also, I was really upset because it breaks really easily. I dropped my quad on the floor, and my brown eyeshadow shattered and made a huge mess. A big chunk of it went to waste because it just went all over the other shadows and I had to throw it out. I don’t like how easily it breaks so I can’t even bring it in a makeup bag because it would probably just break.

I thought that the eyeshadows were pretty creamy and applied really smoothly and easily however. It didn’t take a lot of effort. Also, the blending was pretty easy. But overall, there really

weren’t a lot of good things to say about this eyeshadow quad, unfortunately.

I don’t like the Revlon Colorstay 12 hour Eye Shadow in Sterling Rose at all. I was really disappointed at the pigmentation; it was really pretty poor in my opinion. I’m sorry that I wasted eight dollars on this quad because I never use it. I have a lot of eyeshadows that work a lot better than this one, so sadly, this one has gone to waste. Also, it doesn’t stay on my eyes all day, which is annoying because I don’t like touching up my eye makeup (unless it is eyeliner) during the day. The eyeshadows also looked kind of powdery, and I don’t think these eyeshadows were worth it. I wouldn’t recommend them to anyone, and I am not going to be repurchasing.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31208786160431/k2311a082/8.2.09