Bruno
  • I didn't want to see it at first because I thought it would be extremely stupid
  • The disgusting parts were completely unfunny, and put a damper on my movie experience
  • I think that if you want to go to this movie, you should only go with a bunch of friends

• by Evan_Dood

MSN Messenger (required to be logged into MSN Messenger)Yahoo Messenger (required to be logged into Yahoo Messenger)

I was torn into two pieces by this movie. I didn’t want to see it at first because I thought it would be extremely stupid. And I believed this due to Sacha Baron Cohen’s appearances on television shows as “Bruno.” The character himself was not funny at all, to me. It was only what he did to certain people(that had no idea that he was an actor) that made the movie hysterical. However, this movie–much like Cohen’s other hit, Borat–was HIGHLY disgusting at parts. Once you get past the disgusting parts, it’s actually

quite a hilarious movie.

It tells the story of an Austrian fashion designer with his own television show that, after one big mistake, loses everything. Seeing no options left, he decides to go to Hollywood, California to hit it big, as a self-made celebrity. Along the way, he tries to get a company to fund his own television show, he tries to spend his tons of money by starting a charity organization, and he adopts an African baby to hope to popularize himself. Like I stated earlier, the “clean” parts of this movie are ...

• really hilarious, and made the movie worth watching. The disgusting parts were completely unfunny, and put a damper on my movie experience.

What truly makes this movie is the reactions from REAL people, and in a few cases REAL celebrities. Now, I don’t want to ruin the movie for some people, but (SPOILERRRR WATCH OUTTT!!! RIGHT HERE SPOILER!!—>>>) Paula Abdul, Ron Paul, and even Bono made ignorant cameos in the movie. Hey, I gave you plenty of warning :)

But in all honesty, the ending of this movie was the best part. No, I’m not

saying it was better when it was OVER, I mean that literally the ending part of the movie was the funniest. And in contrast, the first 30 minutes are the worst.

I think that if you want to go to this movie, you should only go with a bunch of friends. No family. No girlfriend or boyfriend. JUST friends. It could be very awkward depending on who you have with you.

Bruno

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 11208786051231/k2311a082/8.2.09