Net10 phones
Dallas, Texas
  • The deals are getting better all the time, but the prepaids like tracfone and net10 are causing themselves a problem

• by patriciatex

I am a very light cellphone user. At first, I swore I would not have one,then I got one. It’s for emergencies and to call my loved ones while I am out on a public bus.

I also forward my landline to a cell while I’m on the computer. Caller id is included with the cell service. If I don’t answer, I don’t get charged. I either answer the cell or disconnect on the computer

and call the person back on my landline.

I started off with a tracfone and tried a Kroger iwireless pnone. Then I went to Net10, also owned by tracfone with a guaranteed 10 cents a minute rate. The “no evil” ads won me over, also the fact that I would get a phone for $29.99 with 300 minutes on the website and an additional 300 minute card. That’s 600 minutes, at a nickel a minute.

My ...

• refurbished Motorola V176 flip phone is just fine. At first, I couldn’t get it to work. I called and the SIM card in it is incompatible with my area. I got a new card in a few days and have had no more problems.

If you are a really light user, a tracfone will last longer. The tracfone minute cards can extend to a longer period of service. The net10 cards are only good for

60 days. What I purchased is good for 4 months. Now I feel more generous answering my cell when my mother calls and I’m on the computer.

I strongly recommend it. The best deals are online at net10.com. The deals are getting better all the time, but the prepaids like tracfone and net10 are causing themselves a problem: it’s cheaper to get a new phone every few months than it is to buy minutes.

ROSE SALLEE says :

I GOT MY NET 10 PHONE FROM MY LOCAL WAL-MART AND IT HAS BEEN WORKING FINE. I CAN SEND TEXT MESSAGES AND THEY CAN RECIEVE THEM BUT I CANT RECIEVE ANY WHAT COULD BE WRONG WITH IT ?

patriciatex replies :

Did the person capture your net10 address? Are they keeping the messages short? You can`t receive really long messages. You might have to all net10 to see if you need to fix a setting.

buddy phelps says :

sir miss can the net 10 phone be used to call the philippines, and if yes what are the charges?

Jules Li says :

Pay as you go is not available for international calls. In order to call internationally you’ll need the international service plan. It’s 65 dollars and it’s available for 30 days.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 22208785861131/k2311a082/8.2.09