Blistex Medicated Balm  » Health  »
2.5
  • I am a big lip balm fan, and since lip balm is usually fairly cheap, I love trying new lip balm out
  • I think keeping my lips soft and smooth is a big deal, so I decided to try out Blistex Medicated Balm
  • Unfortunately, I don't really like Blistex because it doesn't seem to moisturize my lips or make them unchapped
  • I don't like Blistex, and I wouldn't recommend this to other people
  • So I would not recommend Blistex to anyone, and I won't be repurchasing this lip balm, unfortunately

• by Kelairyy

I am a big lip balm fan, and since lip balm is usually fairly cheap, I love trying new lip balm out! I think keeping my lips soft and smooth is a big deal, so I decided to try out Blistex Medicated Balm. This lip balm has SPF 15 which is really nice, especially if I’m going to be out in the sun for a while and don’t want chapped lips. It works like a sunscreen for lips, and it is great to wear underneath lip gloss (since lip gloss attracts light which could make lips even more chapped if you wear it out in the sun for a long time). Unfortunately, I don’t really like Blistex because it doesn’t seem to moisturize my lips or make them unchapped. And the texture is really heavy on my lips. However, the price

is really cheap, only about one to two dollars, so it is super affordable if you want to try it out. It looks pink in the tube, but Blistex Medicated Balm shows up clear on my lips (not tinted).

I don’t like Blistex, and I wouldn’t recommend this to other people. Blistex feels really heavy on my lips, so I won’t be able to forget that I’m wearing lip balm. Whenever I apply this, it is really obvious that it is there because it has a thicker texture than other lip balms I’ve tried. It makes my lips feel really uncomfortable, and sometimes I can’t help but wipe it off because I don’t like the feeling. Sometimes it is really annoying to wear this because I usually apply lip balm without looking at a mirror. However since this lip balm is so ...

• thick, sometimes there is TOO MUCH on my lips, so that you can see the excess. It looks really bad on my lips. Also, there is a tingly feeling to the lip balm. Normally I am not against that, but with Blistex, it is kind of annoying. I would prefer non-tingly lip balm to tingly lip balm. I think the tingliness is sort of disguising the fact that it isn’t moisturizing, so that you THINK it is but really it isn’t. Also, it smells really weird like a mixture between gum and medicine. Not too pleasant.

However, I do like the fact that this lip balm makes my lips really soft! The chapness doesn’t really make a noticeable improvement, but it is definitely a lot softer than before. That’s great because I like having soft lips, of course. Also, I like

the SPF 15 because it could work as a sunscreen for my lips to shield it from harmful rays. Not a lot of lip balms have SPF, so I like that this one does. Also, the price is really cheap, which is a good thing, so I did not waste a lot of money buying this product.

Overall, I think it really depends on who you are if you like or don’t like Blistex. There are some good things about it like the SPF and the softness it brings, but also bad things like the fact that it doesn’t moisturize too well and is really thick. However, I have tried better lip balms that have both SPF and softens my lips that work better in general. So I would not recommend Blistex to anyone, and I won’t be repurchasing this lip balm, unfortunately.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 34208785551131/k2311a082/8.2.09