Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Vintage Gold
  • When I saw Vintage Gold, I decided to fork the $6.50 to buy it
  • Overall, I think this eyeshadow is okay, but I probably wouldn't buy this again because it doesn't really show up on me
  • I was kind of disappointed by how light it looked on my skin
  • Unfortunately, I have to pack on a lot of eyeshadow for this color to show up, so I probably wouldn't buy this again
  • I would not repurchase this because I don't like the pigmentation at all

• by Kelairyy

Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Vintage Gold is a really pretty neutral shade! Everyone who knows me knows that I am a huge fan of neutral looks. I am always on the lookout for a pretty shade of brown, beige, bronze, and champagne. When I saw Vintage Gold, I decided to fork the $6.50 to buy it. Overall, I think this eyeshadow is okay, but I probably wouldn’t buy this again because it doesn’t really show up on me. It might show up on people paler than me though. It is a really pretty brown with some gray in it. When I swatch this on my hand, it just looks like a nice light brown with a tiny bit of shimmer.

This eyeshadow looks

really pretty as an all over lid color. Since it doesn’t really show up on me, I can’t use it on the crease or outer corner because it is just too light. However, it would look really weird to have a brown eyeshadow as a highlight. I think this color would really look good on people who have lighter skin! But if you are really tan or have a darker coloring, this wouldn’t be a good eyeshadow for you because it wouldn’t show up. I was kind of disappointed by how light it looked on my skin. However, I still use this sometimes as an all over lid color. It doesn’t really look too dark, and from a few feet away, it wouldn’t look like ...

• I was wearing any eyeshadow. However, this would look nice as an all over lid color if you added a darker crease color. It blends really easily so there is never any harsh lines or anything because of the eyeshadows not blending well. Also, this is pretty easy to apply! Since this is a light brown shadow, this color is super versatile because it would look great on all sorts of looks! This is especially good when I want a light look that doesn’t really make it obvious that I am wearing eyeshadow. However, I’ve tried this shadow with all sorts of colors and it always looks great. Unfortunately, I have to pack on a lot of eyeshadow for this color to show up, so
        I probably wouldn’t buy this again. However, I think it just depends on what skin tone you have.

I think this eyeshadow is decent, but it doesn’t have the best pigmentation in the world. I can sort of see this eyeshadow, but it isn’t too obvious. I’m kind of disappointed on how it wouldn’t really show up on my skin, but once again, it depends on what kind of skin tone you have. I would not repurchase this because I don’t like the pigmentation at all. You can’t tell that I am wearing eyeshadow from far away when I wear Vintage Gold. However the quality (besides the pigmentation) is decent. Personally I wouldn’t buy this again, but if you want to try it, it wouldn’t be TOO bad.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31208785531131/k2311a082/8.2.09