Mary Kay Mineral Eye Color in Sweet Plum
0.5
  • I think that's probably because my favorite color has now changed from pink to purple
  • And the kind of purples I like for eyeshadows are not really bright and out there purples, but more of a smokier, darker plum kind of color
  • That is why I decided to try out Sweet Plum
  • On my hand, sure you can tell it is purple, but definitely not on my eyes
  • I would definitely not recommend this eyeshadow

• by Kelairyy

For some reason, I’ve been really interested in purple eyeshadows lately. I think that’s probably because my favorite color has now changed from pink to purple. And the kind of purples I like for eyeshadows are not really bright and “out there” purples, but more of a smokier, darker plum kind of color. That is why I decided to try out Sweet Plum. It is a nice dark plum color but with more of a warm undertone that I expected. I don’t really like this eyeshadow however, because the pigmentation is really poor. When used on my lids, it looks almost greyish. Definitely not what I want to achieve.

I don’t really like this eyeshadow because I think the pigmentation is really bad considering how dark it looks in the container. For a purple, this

really is a poor color when it shows up on my eyes. Even as a swatch. This kind of just fades into my skin color, and I am not that tan/dark. The pigmentation reminds me of the cheap eyeshadow kits that you can buy at Wal-mart for five dollars. The kind that you give little kids… you can’t really see the color too well, and I have definitely tried a lot of better eyeshadows…horrible pigmentation FOR SURE. I have to pack on a lot of eyeshadow for the color to even LOOK like purple, and even then, it’s really light and not what I wanted. I had wanted to use this as a crease color or as eyeliner, but it really doesn’t show up well enough to be used for that. It barely shows ...

• up as a purple. On my hand, sure you can tell it is purple, but definitely not on my eyes! I tried doing a purple look with this eyeshadow, and it looked almost gray. I mean seriously??! Not flattering at all. I am probably returning this because the color looks AWFUL. I also don’t think this is as creamy as some of the other Mary Kay eyeshadows either. It still goes on fairly easily but not as well, I think, as some of the other Mary Kay eyeshadows I own. This blends pretty well, but the color doesn’t really look good with many eyeshadows since the pigmentation sucks. It wouldn’t look good with almost all eye looks, even purple ones. This is because the color looks really bad on my eyelids that I would
        rarely use this. I knew that this eyeshadow wouldn’t look good for a lot of looks because it is purple-kind of a dramatic/wild color- and not very versatile. However, if this doesn’t even look good for purple looks, that’s saying something.

I would definitely not recommend this eyeshadow. Sweet Plum has HORRIBLE pigmentation! It looks SO much lighter than it does in the container, and the color isn’t as true. This almost looks brownish gray when I wear this, so I don’t usually use this eyeshadow. I am probably going to return this eyeshadow or give this away because I don’t have any use for it. It hardly looks good with ANY looks, and it is not a very versatile color. I am never going to use this, so of course I am of course not repurchasing this again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 31208785521131/k2311a082/8.2.09