That Girl: At the Drop of a Budget  » TV  »
  • One of the things I love about That Girl is the pureness of the comedy
  • I think I regret that things eased up so much because you just don't see this type of true humor anymore

• by Orrymain

Hypnotism is at the center of That Girl: At the Drop of a Budget. It opens with Ann Marie asking her boyfriend, Don Hollinger, to put her on a budget. Though he’s afraid it’ll lead to a fight between them, he goes along. The story takes a tiny shift at that point and focuses

on a cavity that Ann has neglected to see the dentist about. At Don’s insistence, she goes to see his dentist, who hypnotizes Ann with an unsuspecting result.

Famous for hosting game shows, Monty Hall guest stars as Dr. Pullman, the dentist. He has no clue about that Ann has picked up an off-hand comment as a ...

• suggestion.

The show is really funny and very enjoyable to watch. Ann’s confused and Donald thinks it’s all psychological. The result is good comedy.

One of the things I love about That Girl is the pureness of the comedy. These days things are so suggestive, with innuendo all over the place. It’s brash and often

off-color. Of course, back when this show aired, the restrictions were tighter, and I’m glad of that. I think I regret that things eased up so much because you just don’t see this type of true humor anymore. It’s for the family, and that’s such a positive thing. I wish we get that back.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 10208785241031/k2311a082/8.2.09