Jimmy Dean Original Premium Bacon
  • The packaging definitely keeps in the natural juices of the bacon
  • I like packages that are easier to lift up or pull open

• by Orrymain

After purchasing many other Jimmy Dean products over the years, I recently tried Jimmy Dean Original Premium Bacon. Overall, it was pretty good.

The packaging definitely keeps in the natural juices of the bacon. The packaging is solid, but I do wish it was easier to open. I like packages that

are easier to lift up or pull open. This looks like it might do that, but it didn’t cooperate with me, so I had to use scissors.

There were several slices of bacon in this 12-ounce package. The nutrition label says 14 slices, and that seems about right, but admittedly, I didn’t ...

• count. It seems a couple more than that, though. Each slice cooked is about 45 calories, for those who count. The slices were thin, but long and more importantly, they didn’t shrivel up much. I felt like three slices went a long way.

I used this package of bacon as

part of different sandwich varieties and on its own as a breakfast food. I was never disappointed.

The taste of Jimmy Dean Original Premium Bacon was good. I’ve had zestier, but I’ve also had blander taste. This was pretty good, and I would definitely buy it again when the price was right.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 27108784351231/k2311a081/8.1.09