The Original Kings of Comedy (R, 2000)  » Movies  »
    • Item: The Original Kings of Comedy (R, 2000) movie Location: by: Famous

I didn’t know at first that Spike Lee directed this. I was surprised, as I didn’t think this would be the type of film he’d make: a movie of a comedy concert

show. Nevertheless, it was fairly entertaining.

The “Kings” lineup of Steve Harvey (also the host), D. L.

Hughley, Cedric the Entertainer, and Bernie Mac was pretty funny. I will say that I really could have done without D.

L. Hughley.

...

• Personally, I don’t find his brand of humor funny. He likes to talk about the people in audience too much–and his voice is extremely grating.

On the other hand, I could have watched a little more of Cedric the Entertainer, and Bernie Mac.

Steve Harvey has a very direct and approachable “old school” kind of humor.

Cedric is better at doing imitations, and Bernie Mac simply says all the politically incorrect things that everyone is thinking but afraid to say out loud. Overall, I really liked the show, save for D.

L. ’s part.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 1180878400431/k2311a088/8.8.06