Happy Pay Steamboat Restaurant  » Restaurants  »
2 Tan Quee Lan Street, Primero Place, Singapore 188091
  • I found out about Happy Pay Steamboat when my husband came to Singapore to visit me last June 2008
  • I've eaten in a steamboat restaurant before, and I want my husband to try the experience too
  • But unfortunately the steamboat restaurant where I used to eat was having some renovations, and was closed

• by marielle

I found out about Happy Pay Steamboat when my husband came to Singapore to visit me last June 2008. I’ve eaten in a steamboat restaurant before, and I want my husband to try the experience too. But unfortunately the steamboat restaurant where I used to eat was having some renovations, and was closed. So I asked around for other steamboat restaurants, and one of my friends recommended Happy Pay Steamboat to me.

Steamboat restaurants are restaurants where you have to cook for yourself. You choose from the buffet the ingredients, mostly vegetables, seafoods, and easy to cook meats.

These will be cooked in the soup of your choice. There are many steamboat restaurants here in Singapore, but I am glad it was Happy Pay Steamboat that I had brought my husband to.

I really enjoy eating at Happy Pay. It is an eat all-you- can restaurant , with free flowing iced lemon tea and Chinese tea. There are a lot of choices in the buffet, with crabmeat, squid balls, prawns, and chicken as my favourites. They are also serving soups with flavours like tom yum, fish head, corn ribs and chicken wanton. Unlike the first ...

• steamboat restaurant that I had tried that they served a very bland soup that we have to bring our own seasonings if we want it to taste better. I also like the fact that they serve 2 soups per table, giving us variety.

For me, the food here is good, although in terms of cleanliness and customer service, it is not that good. I’ve eaten here several times after that first time with my husband and oftentimes, I pick up plates (for the buffet) that are still dirty. The restaurant itself doesn’t smell that nice also,

although I attribute that to all the cooking being done inside an airconditoned restaurant. The staffs are not attentive enough, and some of them wear dirty uniforms, and are not properly groomed. Although when you ask for a soup refill, they act fast, but on some other things like asking for an ingredient refill or asking for utensils, it will take them ages to get back to you.

But despite of all these, I keep coming back to Happy Pay Steamboat. It is because I find the food here tasty and I get the value for my money.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 73107783620731/k2311a0731/7.31.09