Old El Paso Hard and Soft Taco Dinner Kit  » Food  »
  • For years, I have rarely purchased taco kits from the grocery store because I like hard tacos and my husband likes soft ones, so I just didn’t bother
  • I was being lazy, of course, but in reality, unless I bought large wraps or thin pita bread from the bakery section, which are both hard to find, I would not have a clue what to use for soft tacos
  • All in one convenient box, and all for the very reasonable price of $4.99, this dinner kit includes

• by Jessie Bahrey

Thanks to a new product I just found, I can now make tacos at home again, which is something that makes me very happy. For years, I have rarely purchased taco kits from the grocery store because I like hard tacos and my husband likes soft ones, so I just didn’t bother.

It seemed like a hassle to try to find both hard and soft shells, plus all the rest of the ingredients.

I was being lazy, of course, but in reality, unless I bought large wraps

or thin pita bread from the bakery section, which are both hard to find, I would not have a clue what to use for soft tacos.

That all changed when I came across the Old El Paso Hard and Soft Taco Dinner Kit last week.

All in one convenient box, and all for the very reasonable price of $4.

99, this dinner kit includes: 6 hard taco shells, 6 soft taco shells, a salsa sauce, and a mix of spices and flavouring to add to ground beef.

This ...

• is the perfect solution to people who either like both or like one or the other type of taco shells.

It is also extremely quick and easy to make; the entire process took under thirty minutes.

I actually not only added ground beef, but I added tomatoes, peppers, mushrooms, onions, cheese and olives, and I also used sour cream to go with the salsa sauce.

It tasted delicious too! It didn’t really taste like it came from a package either-the taco shells tasted fresh, and the ground

beef mixture tasted like it does when I make it completely from scratch.

The only negative comment I could make is that the sauce is not very thick, so next time I will likely use my own salsa.

But for under $5 for an entire meal, and actually for just the two of us, two meals, this kit is an excellent and convenient idea.

Old El Paso Hard and Soft Taco Dinner Kit works very well for taco lovers everywhere, and it tastes like it is completely homemade.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273107783590731/k2311a0731/7.31.09