The Lion King Broadway Show  » Theatre  »
  • I had not expected to enjoy anyone except Elton John singing his songs, but the cast sang the songs very well, especially my favourite song ‘Circle of Life,’ and the music was well-placed in the show, so it did not distract me from the story, like so many musicals tend to do
  • It was a show of wonderful and talented actors, dancers and singers, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience

• by Jessie Bahrey

I drove to Edmonton to see ‘The Lion King’ because a friend of mine had an extra ticket. I was not thoroughly convinced I wanted to see it, because although I loved the Disney movie, with the wonderful soundtrack from Elton John, I am not really a ‘play’ or ‘show’ kind of person. But I went anyway, and I am glad I did.

We had some good seats at the Jubilee Theatre, and the show began. Part of my reluctance of seeing this

show was because I did not see how humans could portray the animals in anything but a lame way. But I was about to be surprised. The costumes were excellent, bright, and colourful and they were anything but lame. While I never forgot that these were humans, and not animals, singing and dancing on stage, the costumes were very beautiful. The stage was gorgeous, and I really could imagine that this stage was an African plain with dry tall grass and sage ...

• brush. The special effects were very good too, with mist and gunshots and animal sounds. The very best part of all was the music; I had not expected to enjoy anyone except Elton John singing his songs, but the cast sang the songs very well, especially my favourite song ‘Circle of Life,’ and the music was well-placed in the show, so it did not distract me from the story, like so many musicals tend to do. It was a show of wonderful
        /> and talented actors, dancers and singers, and it was a thoroughly enjoyable experience. The children in the audience, and there were lots, were all very enthralled because there was very minimal fussing and noise in the crowd.

The Lion King is a great show and one that children and adults will enjoy. The show is going to be touring all over North America this summer, so you should check out if and when it is coming to your city. You will enjoy it!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 323107783580731/k2311a0731/7.31.09