PC Medic Computer Sales and Service  » Business  »
1.5
Dartmouth, Nova Scotia Canada
  • This impressed me along with the fact, that they come to your home to pick up your computer for repairs, and also do at home services
  • The problem was they could not come until next week

• by Melissa Glenn
      There is nothing worse than finding out you have been scammed by a company, you previously held in high esteem. That’s what happenned yesterday, when I had one of our 3 computers ‘fixed’ by a different computer company. We are primarily a work at home family. For the past year, I have used the services of PC Medic, Computer Sales and Services.

We have used PC Medic for a hard drive replacement, buying modem and speakers, and removing spywares from our desktop computers. PC Medic have excellent commercials, showing an actor wearing scrubs and pretending to operate on a computer. This impressed me along with the fact, that they come to your home to pick up your computer for repairs, and also do at home services.

This was perfect for

my family, as we do not own a car. PC Medic always fixed our problems, but looking back, I can see why we had recurrent problems. Yesterday, my stand alone computer had slowed down so badly it was taking me 10 minutes to type a paragraph.

I called PC Medic, and they agreed that I needed additional RAM installed. The problem was they could not come until next week. In desperation I called a rival company who were able to come out to my home straight away.

When I called PC Medic back, to tell them that for this occasion I would have to use a competitor, they got very nervous. The rival company came to my home, and told me I did not need additional RAM installing, in fact,

• PC Medic had been slowing my computer down deliberately! I was incredulous. It turns out PC Medic are into a practice called ‘Locking the bias’ by doing this to your computer it slows down, and as they have created and set a password, the average end user like myself cannot bring the computer up to speed.

Hence the need to call PC Medic to come to my home again. Once I was sure this was really true, by seeing it for myself with the aid of our new technician, I was truly furious. This new technician did manage to unlock the bias, and get my computer running at a normal speed.

He told me, the bias had previously been set on a timer, so it would gradually get slower, and

slower. In the past year I have spent over $500 with PC Medic, and $200 of it has been through this dirty practice of making my computer run slower. I do not mind paying for legitimate work, but this is disgraceful.

Of course when I confronted PC Medic, they denied it, but I had too much proof, and I demanded a refund. They hung up on me! and now won’t take my calls!

Disappointed is an understatement. I filed a complaint with my local Better Business Bureau and will let that take its course.

PC Medic is becoming a franchised Computer Sales and Service store. They now have stores in Halifax, Dartmouth and 2 in New Brunswick. If a PC Medic franchise comes to your area, RUN! Do not ever use this company.

It’s practices are unethical to say the least.

Christine Fayette-Lawlor says :

I purchased a Google Android 2.30 uberpad touchscreen Tablet PC by MID. When the product arrived it was damaged.I called the company 20 to 30 times a day and the would never answer the phone.They said leave your number and they will get back to you ,well never happened.They would never return my e-mails ,or respond to any live chats so It looks like I am out my money.It just been about 1 month.I will file a claim with the attorney general but this is a sad.Merry Christmas DO NOT SHOP WITH PCMEDICS-911.COM

Fara says :

Hello, you should check whether the product was physically damaged or damaged inside when you turned it on. If the company are not replying phone Google software services and they may be able to help you in some way. I think you did good complaining and thanks for the site name.

Donna says :

I purchased three tablets in November for Christmas presents. One of the tablets did not work. I contacted PC Medics 911. I was relieved to find how responsive and helpful they were, and was lulled into a feeling of trust. They told me it was a buggy tablet and they were sorry for the inconvenience. They said they would replace my buggy tablet with an upgraded version. I followed their instructions for returning the tablet (I had saved the “instant chat” transcript in my email). I have my proof of delivery but have still not received my replacement tablet. I have emailed, left voice messages, and TRIED to instant chat (to no avail) for help in finding out why I haven’t received my replacement tablet. No one answers the phone, there is no response to my instant-chat attempts, and I’ve had no email replies. My guess would be they have gone out of business, however, it appears they are still actively selling items.
    Buyer Beware

Keyana says :

I order an Google Android 7″ Tablet on the 16 of February and was told that it would be here from 7-9 business days. When that time was up I started to get a little irritated, I tried to contact PC-Medics 911, and I even went back to my order history and it said that my order was processing. Every time I called PC-Medics 911 they never pick up the phone and I call and I have sent them Emails, this is the worst company I have ever dealt with.

karla_arambula yahoo.com says :

Im having the same problem did u ever get ur tablet

Keyana says :

Yes I finally got it, but it was after I threaten to demand my money back that it cam two day later. I was highly disappointed that I had to wait almost two and a half weeks for it.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in August, 2006. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 4180878280431/k2311a088/8.8.06