Westin Full-Grille Brush Guard  » Cars  »
  • I know they have unlimited other uses and many people will install fog lights and other accessories onto them, but I simply bought it because it looked good
  • I was a little disappointed that I would not be able to replace the brush guard immediately, but I decided to call Westin and give them a testimonial
  • I was incredibly surprised to find out that Westin had shipped me a brand new brush guard that retails for about $400 and had definitely not even suggested that they may do so
  • I completely recommend Westin to anybody looking for a brush guard, and who knows, it may save your vehicle

• by cbantly

I can honestly admit that when I purchased my Westin Brush Guard for the front of my Dodge Durango, it was simply for show. I never had any intention of purchasing a winch to install on it, nor did I ever have any intention of doing any serious off-roading with the vehicle. I know they have unlimited other uses and many people will install fog lights and other accessories onto them, but I simply bought it because it looked good. However, little did I know that it would save my car from becoming totaled!

The Westin Brush Guard that I selected is the solid black one that is designed for the 2004-2008 Dodge Durango. The construction is made completely of one piece and features massive tubes that are enforced to protect. There are smaller metal bars across the area where the headlights appear, and then several large flat crossbars that allow a mounting surface for lights and further reinforcement. It looks just like any other brush guard, but its obviously incredibly durable and I’ll explain why.

I should never have let anyone else drive my Dodge Durango,

but I did and they decided it would be a good idea to wreck it. In the process, they totaled a Mazda and did approximately $6,000 worth of damage to my vehicle. It was a relatively low speed collision and most of the impact was to the front left corner of the sport utility vehicle. The brush guard was bent into the side front driver quarter panel on the Durango and the hood wouldn’t even open. The car didn’t look to be in bad shape, however, and it was towed to the body shop.

The body shop called me a couple days later and explained that the insurance adjuster had already come to look at it. They stated that the damage was just under $6,000 but that the car could absolutely be fixed. The body shop was ready to begin work and I gave them permission to do so immediately and paid my deductible right away over the phone. I was told that the car would take approximately 3-4 weeks to repair and that they would get in touch with me closer to the time ...

• of completion. Nearly a month later, the body shop called me and explained that the insurance company was not willing to replace the brush guard. They further stated that had it not been for the brush guard, the car most likely would have been totaled.

I was a little disappointed that I would not be able to replace the brush guard immediately, but I decided to call Westin and give them a testimonial. I called the toll-free service hotline and spoke with a very polite young woman, who was very interested in my story. When I explained that I would not be getting a replacement because the insurance company was refusing to pay for it she apologized profusely. I told her that I knew it wasn’t their fault, but that I just wanted to call them and share with them how their brush guard saved my vehicle.

Several days later I had a sticker on my door from UPS saying that I had missed a package delivery. I was not expecting any packages, but I called UPS anyway to see where it had come from and see

if I needed to pick it up. I was incredibly surprised to find out that Westin had shipped me a brand new brush guard that retails for about $400 and had definitely not even suggested that they may do so. I was completely floored by the excellent customer service and the steps that Westin took to keep me as a satisfied and raving client. The body shop was able to put it on before I went to pick up my vehicle and eventually I argued enough with the insurance company that they sent me a check to replace the brush guard.

I called Westin and told them I needed to forward the check on to them, but they refused. I received a call back from an older man in the marketing department and he explained that they were happy to provide a new one. They would not accept payment and they asked if there was anything else they could do. I think Westin did enough! I completely recommend Westin to anybody looking for a brush guard, and who knows, it may save your vehicle!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 93007782751031/k2311a0730/7.30.09