Sun Cellular Network
2.5
  • When my boyfriend purchased his own SIM card, I bought my own, too
  • I was impressed on the automation since as soon as I changed my SIM card from Globe to Sun Cellular, my phone is automatically configured
  • This negative experience made me more loyal to my original network – Smart
  • Sun Cellular is an innovation here in the Philippines but I think it is not ready yet for providing overall service

• by Maristelle

I have been using this cellular network before but not my own SIM card. Since most of my friends are now using this affordable cell phone network provider, I tend to reconsider. When my boyfriend purchased his own SIM card, I bought my own, too. Yesterday I started using it. I was impressed on the automation since as soon as I changed my SIM card from Globe to Sun Cellular, my phone

is automatically configured. It connects me to the network and sends me updates about my load balance and the expiry dates.

At first it was hard for me to check the features because there is no Sun Cellular menu being shown. I just decided to use the Unlimited Call promo that comes to my phone kit for free. It did not take me long to dial a number. I was connected shortly and ...

• there goes our conversation. After sixteen minute, the call got disconnected automatically. I tried to call again and this time I find it hard to reach someone. It was noon time by then so it is not peak hours. I kept trying and was successful with my second call. But then again, after sixteen minutes the call got disconnected again. I tried the third time and it lasted for six minutes before
        the line dropped off again.

So frustrating. My personal take on this is that an affordable service is not a service at all if it is of poor quality. This negative experience made me more loyal to my original network – Smart. Sun Cellular is an innovation here in the Philippines but I think it is not ready yet for providing overall service. It is also difficult to have signals from this network.

Sun Cellular Network

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 223007782410931/k2311a0730/7.30.09