Healthy Choice General Tso’s Spicy Chicken Frozen Dinne  » Food  »
  • If you have then you may have noticed a vast variety of exotic cuisine popping up
  • Last night I decided to give Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer General Tso's Chicken a try
  • Now I am not on a diet, however I was a little intrigued with a healthier version of a Chinese dish that I love
  • I would say that this meal is definitely worth a try especially if you have a hectic lifestyle

• by Adam

Have you visited the frozen section of your local grocery store lately? If you have then you may have noticed a vast variety of exotic cuisine popping up. Last night I decided to give Healthy Choice Cafe Steamer General Tso’s Chicken a try. Here are my thoughts:

Chinese dish that I love. This meal contains 320 calories of which 40 are from fat. The sodium content is 500mg, which is roughly half that of a typical frozen meal. I really do not want to think of how much sodium might be in the take out version. You also get 10% of the daily recommended amount of Vitamin C and 16% of Dietary ...

• Fiber.

You get a 10.8 ounce bowl with chicken, rice, and vegetables. Now for a larger eater this might not do the trick, but personally I was very satisfied. Really was a nice sized meal for just under 3 dollars.

Ultimately I do not think I will be giving up my local Chinese Restaurant any time soon, but this does have a lot of redeeming qualities.

The chicken came out moist while the vegetables stayed crispy. The rice was very light and fluffy, and the sauce, while maybe not being extremely authentic, was very tasty. I would say that this meal is definitely worth a try especially if you have a hectic lifestyle. Just keep a couple of these in the freezer and you can have a nice Chinese food meal in mere minutes.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 273007782200931/k2311a0730/7.30.09