The Bird and the Bee - Ray Guns Are Not Just the Future  » Music  »
  • I thought The Bird and the Bee managed to make a great sequel to their first album
  • Here is what I think about specific songs
  • I like that it blends in sounds that can be found in old James Bond films or even old horror films

• by kirbystar7

I thought The Bird and the Bee managed to make a great sequel to their first album! Inara’s voice is absolutely beautiful and subtle. There is a great variation of sounds, and yet you can always tell that each is a Bird and Bee creation. Many of the songs have the signature sound of bells.

Here is what I think about specific songs: MY LOVE: Despite the bells and clapping in the background, I think this song only a little bit of energy to it. It is not memorable in nature.

DIAMOND DAVE:

This must be the absolute best song on the album! It is very catchy and has a unique blend of everything. It takes sounds from the old Hollywood films and mixes them with modern beats beautifully.

It was written as an ode to David Lee Roth, with clever lyrics. WHAT’S IN THE MIDDLE: A very cool song, I especially like the strum of the bass guitar in the background.

The bells in the background keep the song from getting too serious, so that I find it cute even. RAY GUN: I think this ...

• song is very relaxing, despite the fact that it may have a more serious message in the lyrics.

LOVE LETTER TO JAPAN: Another catchy song! I think the song is very simple, but it has a beat that you can dance to. BABY: This is one of my favorite songs on the album.

It focuses on Inara’s voice more than the harp and glockenspiel sound in the instrumental, but the song is just lovely. WITCH: I find this song so sensual and seductive, but at the same time menacing, like it belongs in

Vampire movie.

I like that it blends in sounds that can be found in old James Bond films or even old horror films. YOU’RE A COLD: Again, this song has cute and clever lyrics, comparing a boy to an acquired illness! I really like both the lyrics and the instrumental.

Overall, this is an amazing album. I have never like so many songs on an album, especially from an indie album.

The Bird and the Bee is huge on the scene yet, but I really think with such talent, they will be soon!

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 143007782180931/k2311a0730/7.30.09