Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara  » Cosmetics  »
1.0
  • I think Revlon has some of the worst mascaras out there
  • I didn't really notice ANY difference in fullness, unfortunately
  • I noticed that my eyelashes look blacker and were a bit longer, but fullness
  • I don't like this mascara, and I'm really annoyed that I wasted about seven to eight dollars on this
  • It is NOT worth the price, and I will definitely not be repurchasing this mascara

• by Kelairyy

My eyelashes are an embarrassment, I have to admit. They are very short with no curl at all. I am constantly on the lookout for a mascara that will make me look like I am wearing fake eyelashes, as impossible of a task it may seem. I had never tried any of the Revlon mascaras before the Revlon 3D Extreme. I must say, I’m pretty disappointed. I think Revlon has some of the worst mascaras out there. I am probably never going to finish this mascara because I really don’t like it and never use it.

First of all, the packaging is nothing special. It is in a regular cylinder shape with an silver colored outside and a gold strip that says “REVLON” on it. The brush doesn’t look too impressive too. It is just an average brush though it seems to be

flat on two sides. I really don’t like it! It gathers way too much mascara that I have to wipe some off or else when I apply it to my lashes, it clumps. Badly. And since it gathers too much mascara onto the brush, I have to waste a lot of it by wiping it off. Bummer.

The Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara claims to make eyelashes look 25x fuller, 70% curvier and 80% visibly longer lashes. A pretty high claim if you ask me. I was curious and wanted to see if it would live up to its claim. Trust me, it does not. I didn’t really notice ANY difference in fullness, unfortunately. Now, I’m not usually too concerned about fullness, so I didn’t really mind. I noticed that my eyelashes look blacker and were a bit longer, but fullness? Not really. What ...

• I DID care about, however, was the how eyelashes curl. This mascara doesn’t help my eyelashes curl AT ALL. I usually use an eyelash curler before I put on mascara, so I guess that doesn’t really matter. Unfortunately, it doesn’t even HOLD to curl very well. It stays curled for a while, but after a few hours, my eyelashes will be back to looking really droopy and sad. Another claim that wasn’t true. Now for longer lashes, I’d say this mascara did a decent job. All mascaras are basically supposed to make eyelashes look longer and more visible, and like all mascaras, this one does SOMETHING… to some extent. It is definitely not 80% longer lashes, unfortunately. It doesn’t really do TOO much, just enough for people to know that I am wearing mascara if they look from the side, but not enough
        for them to notice if they weren’t observant. I am much better off with Covergirl LashBlast or something because this mascara sucks.

Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara does not live up to its claims, and it hardly does anything for my lashes. I have really short eyelashes, so I was hoping that this mascara would make my lashes look more visible and longer. And while it does, there is not a very noticeable improvement. I don’t like this mascara, and I’m really annoyed that I wasted about seven to eight dollars on this. Although it may not seem like enough, I don’t even like spending eight dollars on a drugstore mascara. I would rather pay twenty dollars on a better one like Dior because the Revlon mascara doesn’t help whatsoever. It is NOT worth the price, and I will definitely not be repurchasing this mascara.

Revlon 3D Extreme Mascara

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313007782000831/k2311a0730/7.30.09