Hard Candy Lip Gloss in FLower Power
2.5
  • I do buy their products occasionally, but I like a lot of other brands better
  • I don't really like it, and I wouldn't recommend it
  • The Hard Candy lipgloss in Flower Power's scent isn't what I would exactly call overwhelming, but I would definitely prefer it to be unscented
  • I don't like the smell, and it bugs me whenever I put this lipgloss on
  • I wish I could say this had some redeeming quality that was better than all the rest, there isn't any, unfortunately

• by Kelairyy

I can’t say I’m really a big fan of Hard Candy. I do buy their products occasionally, but I like a lot of other brands better. I wouldn’t have bought this lipgloss if I hadn’t found this at T J Maxx for a discounted price. I didn’t really have any high expectations, and I’m glad I didn’t because this lipgloss is nothing special. I don’t really like it, and I wouldn’t recommend it.

First off, this lipgloss has a funky smell to it. I don’t know exactly, but it smells kind of fruity. It could just be me, but I really don’t like this smell. I’m kind of sensitive to scents. I can’t stand anything strong or in my face. The Hard Candy lipgloss in Flower Power’s scent isn’t what I would exactly call overwhelming, but I would definitely prefer it to be unscented. I don’t like the smell, and

it bugs me whenever I put this lipgloss on. And that’s not good because my lips are right under my nose (obviously), so I am constantly having to smell this. Luckily, the scent isn’t too strong, and it wears off after about five or ten minutes.

Also, this lipgloss is super sheer. And that’s NOT a good thing, if you ask me. This doesn’t come up on my lips at all. In the tube, it looks like a really pretty shimmery pink color, but on my lips, it comes up practically clear. You can see the shimmer sometime when the light reflects it. I actually don’t like that because it looks just a bit tacky when I am standing in the sun. My lips look super glittery, and I really prefer the glitter to stay undercover and look not as noticeable. I can’t really wear this lip gloss because ...

• it just makes me look washed out as nearly all sheer and clear lipglosses do. I was really disappointed because the color in the tube looks so pretty. I guess it just isn’t meant to be… Unfortunately, this lipgloss mostly just sits somewhere in my room gathering dust because I never use it. I might give this to a friend or something because I don’t like it, that’s for sure.

This lipgloss isn’t too sticky, but hair sometimes still sticks to my lips when I wear it, not exactly what I want. I can definitely feel this on my lips. It’s not exactly HEAVY, I suppose, but it is thicker than some lipglosses I’ve tried. Also, this lipgloss doesn’t last very long until it wears off. I can still feel it on my lips, but I can’t tell that I’m wearing lipgloss when I look in the mirror. That’s

definitely a bummer.

One thing I DO like about this lipgloss is the packaging. It is really pretty, but it seems to be targeted towards younger people. There are a lot of flowers and a heart or two on the front, and it is pretty cute. Also, I like how the lipgloss is in a squeezy tube. I like squeezy tubes because it is easier to apply without a mirror. With an applicator, I always have to look in the mirror or else risk getting lip gnt loss all over my mouth as well as other places. This is more convenient and easier to put on.

Overall, I wasn’t very impressed with this lipgloss. I wish I could say this had some redeeming quality that was better than all the rest, there isn’t any, unfortunately. This is just an average lipgloss that I am not going to be repurchasing again.

The review was published as it's written by reviewer in July, 2009. The reviewer certified that no compensation was received from the reviewed item producer, trademark owner or any other institution, related with the item reviewed. The site is not responsible for the mistakes made. 313007781990831/k2311a0730/7.30.09